Action Contre La Faim ACF has been operational since 2010 in Northeast and has been able to successfully implement integrated programs in Nutrition, Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) and Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) further the mission has expanded its programs in the wake of conflict in Borno state since 2017 , focusing on long term sustainable programs focused on system strengthening for Health, WASH, Social Protection, and Agriculture sectors. The mission is currently in the process to launch response in the Northwest?Nigeria. In 2018,?ACF launched the Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM) in Nigeria in an effort to address the urgent humanitarian assistance to the displaced populations in Northern Nigeria. With this Approach ACF is among the lead agency that is currently reaching the NE &NW regions with Rapid Humanitarian assistance for to the conflict and other disaster affected population. Currently, without conspiring LGAs reached on RRM modality, ACF is providing an integrated humanitarian response in Yobe State (12 Local Government Areas (LGAs), Borno (11 LGAs), Bauchi (2 LGAs) and Jigawa (6 LGAs) with partial presence in Kano. Despite the remarkable achievements in humanitarian sector, ACF, as other humanitarian actors, has been continuously affected by the shrinking humanitarian space.
The mission currently employs 25 international and 345 national staff, working from the coordination office in Abuja, field offices in Maiduguri, Potiskum, Dutse and Bade to address the humanitarian needs of the population.
© Guy Calaf pour Action contre la Faim
Votre poste et vos responsabilités
As a member of the Senior Management Team of the mission, you provide leadership and management of all the support services functions and systems within the mission, including logistics, finance and HR & administration management to ensure quality support to programme implementation.
More precisely, you:
- Coordinate support department work plans, projects implementation plan, departmental strategies and plans of action from development to implementation.
- Manage all support functions (Finances, HR, Logistics) in, for example: assigning objectives, performing meetings, ensuring that guidelines are adhered to at all times and compliant with donor’s policies and guidelines, ensuring organisational compliance to Nigerian regulations, supervising the development / updating of guidelines, collaborating with HoD of your scope and other DCDs.
- Are responsible of risk management, compliance & internal control/audit in, for example: monitoring and developing the Internal Control/Audit Framework and internal control department, coordinating and conducting periodic compliance reviews, leading audit preparation and assisting and responding during internal and external audits, supporting Field Coordinators in maintaining field offices risk registers, developing the mission risk register, providing leadership and supervision to the Internal Control team during investigations on potential frauds, SEA cases or other reports.
You have a master’s degree, preferably in economics and/or political/humanitarian studies or equivalent.
You have at least 5 years of experience in the humanitarian field at a senior management or coordination role, preferably in a variety of contexts and countries and with a strong background in finance, HR and logistics.
You have an experience an experience of working within an insecure environment with responsbility for security planning, monitoring and management.
You have a good understanding of risk management.
You have strong analytical and practical problem-solving skills and an ability to organize work efficiently and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints.
You speak and write English fluently.
Vos conditions d’emploi
International package :
Fixed term contract under French legislation: 12 months
Monthly gross salary from 2899 to 3376 € upon experience
Reimbursement of the pension insurance for non-French citizens: 16% of the gross monthly salary
Annual salary increase: 6% increase after and each 12 months of continuous contract
Monthly per diem and living allowance: 737$ net, field paid
Monthly country allowance: 150€
Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
Transportation and accommodation: coverage of transportation costs and guest house
Medical coverage: ACF covers 100% of the social security, health insurance, and repatriation insurance agreement fees.
Salary sustainment measures (sickness, paternity, maternity)
Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
Accompaniment and trainings:
- Follow-up and support for career development
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
National package :
Basic Salary: Starting from 1,636,744 Naira per month
Rent allowance: 55,000 Naira per month
Transportation allowance: 16,667 Naira per month
Leave allowance: 10% of Basic Salary per month
Pension: Employer contribution 10% of gross salary, Employee contribution 8% of gross salary
Annual leave: 2 days per month
Private health insurance: 100% health care coverage provided by the organization
Private life assurance: 24/7 life assurance coverage provided by the organization
Training: Free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Relocation benefits: 120,000 Naira lump sum relocation allowance + 20 nights accommodation + flight ticket from the home base to the working base at the beginning and end of the assignment
Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
Pourquoi nous rejoindre ?
The DCD Support directly manage a team of 5 people.
It is one of the most exciting programs with a very large portfolio of programmes and donors.
© Sébastien Duijndam pour Action contre la Faim