Job title: Accountant Job at PalmPay Limited
Job description: PalmPay Limited is a Pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya and expanding to other markets in 2022. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Accountant is responsible for timely recording of all business expenses from various business units.
- The position is responsible to interact and communicate with internal and external clienteles and ensure their operations are not unnecessarily jeopardized by responding aptly to authorize requests.
- The position is also responsible for monthly review and reconciliation of accounts payable and receivable.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Authorise all expense vouchers in accordance with company policy.
- Ensure accurate and timely daily recordkeeping and accounting systems of payment vouchers and classifying in accordance with company policy.
- Assist with providing documentation for external auditor requests; perform account analysis and reconciliations as may be required.
- Supervise, manage and train subordinates.
- Daily check, reconciliation, update and correction of transaction postings as appropriate; promptly attend to reported reconciling items from cashier team.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable ledgers at month end.
- Create visibility into expense drivers through robust reporting and analysis; perform other account analysis and reconciliations as may be required.
- Identify and implement processes improvements in the expense accounting process; establish work flow procedures and policies, develop Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for all processes within the job role.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
Deliverables / KPI
Posting of vouchers
- Ensure instantaneous posting of all authorised payment vouchers with zero error rate.
- Ensure all invoices / vouchers are processed same day received.
- Raise correcting journal entries for accounting errors same day such journal is requested or error noted.
- Complete check of all previous day’s postings for accuracy and reclassification, not later than 10:30am.
- Complete reconciliation of accounts payable and receivable ledgers at day 1 of month end closing.
Data analysis and process improvement
- File off all book closing specifications not later than 5th day of a new month.
- Submit monthly expense drivers report not later than 8th day of a new month.
- Draw out SOP for all expense accounting processes and submit for review and approval not later than end of February, 2018.
Key Behavioural Competencies
Set and work to meet challenging goals. Strive for improvements which are a definite stretch.
Organisational committed and alignment
Balance own achievement drive with the interests of the organisation. A good team player.
Accountability – self and others
Monitor performance against plans, standards, objectives and behaviour. Listen to others and can be relied upon.
Right action and result oriented
Take initiative in defining and resolving problems. Be pro-active.
Competencies and Attributes:
- Attention to Detail – being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skill.
- Efficient communication and interpersonal skill.
- Must have good mathematical and Microsoft office (excel, word) skills.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization, decision-making, and planning skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all business units across the company.