Job title: Action Against Hunger Limited Current Job Opportunity – Apply Now
Job description: Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Under the supervision of the Nutrition and Health Head of the Department and in collaboration with other Programme Managers, the SMART Manager’s overall objective will be to coordinate the implementation of planned nutrition surveys in the targeted areas.
You are responsible for leading SMART, MIYCN KAP and SQUEAC survey implementation in different LGAs of intervention in the programmes implemented by ACF in Northern Nigeria.
More precisely, your tasks will be to:
- To vuild up an ACF team and coordinate the implementation of planned nutrition SMART surveys in the targeted areas.
- To support and effectively manage surveys, teams and internal coordination;
- To plan, support and follow up on capacity development of the field teams (including both ACF and SMoH staff) in nutrition assessment and support the MEAL department to improve the quality of CMAM data.
- To appropriately represent ACF and coordinate externally.
- To produce timely and quality reports.
- To collaborate with the states’ surveillance unit to support ACF WASH and ACF Rapid Response Unit in quantifying disaster/emergencies through rapid identification and escalation.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Epidemiology, Nutrition by research or related field, in addition to a Certification in SMART and SQUEAC Surveys implementation and training, and a good knowledge of ENA for SMART, Epi info and SPSS applications.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in Managing nutrition assessments, research, in addition to nutrition programme management in emergency set-up, including proposal writing, project budget management, reporting and training provision, in the humanitarian context.
- Excellent Writing and analytical skills
- Good Management, representation, and negotiation competencies
- Willing to do frequent travels to mentor and monitor activities and easily acculturate with remote area’s living conditions.
- Fluency in English is mandatory
- A former ACF experience will be considered as a plus.
Your Conditions of Employment
For National Staff:
- Basic Salary: Starting from 1,175,742 Naira per month
- Rent allowance: 50,000 Naira per month
- Transportation allowance: 16,667 Naira per month
- Leave allowance: 10% of Basic Salary per month
- Pension: Employer contribution 10% of gross salary, Employee contribution 8% of gross salary
- Annual leave: 2 days per month
- Private health insurance: 100% health care coverage provided by the organization
- Private life assurance: 24/7 life assurance coverage provided by the organization
- Training: Free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform
- Relocation benefits: 120,000 Naira lump sum relocation allowance, 20 days accommodation allowance (10,000 Naira per night), flight ticket from the home base to the working base at the beginning and end of the assignment
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies
- Delocalised staff in the field offices are entitled to 2 flight trips per year back to their state of origin (within Nigeria).
- 12 months fixed term contract under Nigerian legislation
For International Staff:
- Monthly gross salary from 2130 to 2475€ upon experience
- Monthly per diem and living allowance: 754€ net, field paid
- Monthly country allowance: 450€
- Child allowance: 1500€ per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000€/year)
- 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
- Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
- Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
- Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 € at each RnR period
- Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
- 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Application Deadline: 15th July, 2023.
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam