Job title: Assistant Service Manager (Operations) Job at Intersect Consortium
Job description: Intersect Consortium, a consortium of Mental Health Providers, is the largest provider of mental health services in West Africa. Our Members understand the growing need for Mental Health Services and Products in Africa and continually work to provide Awareness, Education, Treatment Support, and technological services to Individuals, Companies, Families, and society at large.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for an Assistant Services Manager, Operations (ASM Operations). The ideal candidate should have in-depth practical knowledge of Facility Management, Preventive Maintenance, Purchasing, and Utility.
- S/he will manage and oversee operations across several facilities to ensure smooth unhindered service delivery.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations in several facilities ensuring the smooth running of various departments and supporting the delivery of quality patient care.
- Develop and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) related to operational efficiency, patient satisfaction, and quality of care.
- Improve operational processes and efficiency by continually identifying areas for process improvement.
- Prepare and manage the operational budget, ensuring financial resources are allocated appropriately.
- Monitor expenses, identify cost-saving opportunities, review utility consumption and implement strategies to optimize financial performance.
- Ensure Facilities are properly maintained, clean and safe and basic amenities like water, power, etc. are available as needed.
- Respond to staff complaints, requests and other operational issues.
- Regularly Produce Operational Reports (Diesel/Fuel Usage Reports, Equipment Performance Reports, Resources Usage/Cost reports, etc) to senior management.
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and government regulations and implement safety protocols and emergency response plans in the event of a fire or other hazards.
Repairs and Maintenance:
- Able to perform minor repairs and conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, sockets, Door Knobs, etc.
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections, perform equipment audits, and recommend repair or replacement.
- Initiate requisitions for necessary materials and resources and follow up until approval is obtained.
- Maintains accurate logs and records of work performed and materials and equipment used.
- Conduct Monthly Vehicle maintenance checks (working with drivers) on all consortium vehicles and submit reports to management.
- Coordinate repairs and monitor the performance of Vehicles, Generators, Inverters, and other high-level equipment in the consortium.
- Regularly update the Routine Maintenance Schedule and ensure equipment maintenance is carried out as when scheduled.
- Put a system in place that ensures Inverter Systems across Centers are properly managed (Batteries are regularly topped up & the load and power consumption are monitored).
- Identify suitable vendors, maintain a unified list of approved vendors, manage relationships, and ensure quality control of purchases.
- Be a member of the Procurement Committee which monitors and tracks the procurement activities of the company to ensure compliance with the Vendor Management Policy.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain the best prices and quality for products/services purchased.
- Oversee the procurement process to ensure that vendors fulfil their contractual obligations.
- Implement a vendor selection system to ensure that the most suitable vendors are secured and establish standards by which to periodically evaluate the performance of the approved vendors.
- Standardize the purchasing process by creating and maintaining a list of ideal product brands and specifications for commonly purchased equipment types working with relevant departments.
- Provide technical and functional supervision and oversee day-to-day activities of Operation officers, drivers and other support services in various centres.
- Develop relevant rotation schedules for drivers, and other employees in conjunction with the team leads and HR team.
- Visit centres within the catchment area (Abuja) to gain the first experience of service delivery and daily activities.
- Be involved in the recruitment, training, and supervision of team members, ensuring adequate staffing levels and appropriate skill mix.
- Conduct performance appraisals, provide feedback, and address any performance issues or disciplinary matters.
- Oversee and supervise the quality of work of team members to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, and efficiently, and drive Departmental targets.
- Assist in developing or updating standard operating procedures for the Operations Department.
- Provide cover for the Assistant Service Manager Administration when needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Requirements
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Maintenance, Operations Management or a related field.
- Over 5 years of experience in Operations, Purchasing or activities of a utility line.
- Over 2 years of a Utility line or Maintenance worker experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Methods, procedures, tools, and equipment used in the Utility Division
- Able to perform a variety of installation, repair, and maintenance work (Electrical, plumbing or another service)
- Strong negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to a fast-paced and ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Able to stand for long hours and lift heavy loads.
- Proficient IT and computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word-processing programs.
- Able to strategically think and use initiative.
- A valid driver’s license is a plus and the ability to travel to work
- Effective people skills, active listening and ability to build rapport and manage relationships.