We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
As an Associate Product Specialist Intern, you will be assigned to a business unit where you will learn, develop new skills, and gain valuable on the job experience. You will have the chance to gain an understanding of how Mastercard develops business cases for new product opportunities, develops scalable customer-centric products, and sees those projects through to go-to-market. We are looking for passionate and talented interns, who share our vision for developing scalable customer-centric products with agility and excellence.
The Mastercard Intern Program is a comprehensive 10-week program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company. As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives.
- Impactful assignments that drive business results
- Networking sessions and leadership speaker series
- Volunteer and team building experiences
- Partner with your team to manage tasks across the product life cycle
- Assist in establishing and monitoring progress against key milestones in the development and implementation process
- Work with various product lines and technologies
- Provide competitive landscape, trends, consumer insights, research and end-to-end program analytics
- Engage with the business and engineering teams to track progress and identify dependencies and risks
- Contribute to inspiring product visions, derived from market and customer needs, and evolving technology trends
- Identify and measure product and business metrics to increase adoption and understand customers’ ongoing needs
- Conduct iterative experiments to identify and prioritize key features for inclusion with product releases and product roadmap
- Project management of strategic initiatives
- Work on potential product areas such as: Analytics, APIs, Artificial Intelligence, Cryptocurrency/Blockchain, Cybersecurity, Loyalty, Marketing, Open Banking, or Payments (e-commerce, in store, etc.).
- Antonia worked on a product that helps customers assess their cyber risk. Her team needed to understand the performance of new features, so she built a dashboard tool to analyze user engagement and inform future product improvements.
- Thomas developed a competitive analysis of a business intelligence product to understand market offerings and how Mastercard’s product compared. His analysis helped the team identify which features to accelerate on their roadmap.
- Sarah worked with stakeholders and customers to understand the analytics needed for our application, then developed the roadmap for incorporating a 3rd-party data analytics tool into the app experience.
All About You:
- Undergraduate with a target graduation date between December 2024 – August 2025
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, PPT)
- High energy level; flexible, adaptive and strong collaborator
- Well planned, organized & structured to manage time & work effectively
- Submit your application
- If eligible, receive invitation for a digital interview; this includes answering pre-recorded interview questions that advance your application
- If recommended to advance, receive invitation for final round interview(s); you will have the opportunity to meet with us virtually to learn more about our business and culture
This role is not eligible for Mastercard’s work authorization sponsorship. As such, candidates must be eligible to work in the United States, now as well as in the future, without employer sponsorship. For example, students or recent graduates in the United States on an F1 visa (including those with CPT or OPT authorization) are not eligible for this role.
New York salary: $32/hour
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.