What does BPM stand for? Innovation, opportunity, community, diversity, inclusivity, flexibility and so much more.
B-P-M stands for “Because People Matter,” because at our core, our people drive everything we do and how we do it.
We are a forward-thinking, full-service accounting firm providing modern solutions to businesses across the globe. We focus on comprehensive assurance, tax, and consulting services for our clients, and we provide our people and our community with the resources to lead meaningful and purposeful lives.
While we are one of the largest California-based accounting firms, our flexible work locations and schedules mean we have professionals across the continent. Our teams and our clients drive us to provide quality services and ignite unique insights and ideas that contribute to our continued success. Our clients come from different backgrounds and industries, which keep our people intellectually challenged every day.
Our initiatives and ideals lead to our continued recognition as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area and beyond. We are dedicated to providing meaningful careers for all of our employees along with fostering an environment that allows an integrated lifestyle. Our flexible culture allows our professionals to live a balanced lifestyle between their work responsibilities and personal commitments.
- A unique people-centered culture that attracts the brightest and most forward-thinking accounting professionals.
- The resources, expertise, and global capability of a Big Four accounting firm together with the responsiveness and accessibility of a local firm.
- A regional presence in the Bay Area, while still serving our clients nationally and internationally.
- Recognition as one of the Bay Area’s “Best Place to Work” and “No. 1 Best Large Accounting Firm to Work For” by Accounting Today.
You Have (requirements):
- Licensed CPA
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field
- SEC auditing experience required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in public accounting
- Exposure to a variety of industries; preferred experience related to Technology, Life Science, Consumer Products, Wine and Vineyard, FinTech, and/or Blockchain/Cryptocurrency
- Demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience
- Ability to predict client needs, identify root causes of problems, and implement pragmatic solutions
- Ability to synthesize all forms of research into clear, thoughtful, actionable deliverables
- Strong desire to continuously learn
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
You Will (responsibilities):
- Oversee multiple engagements and resolve all legal, regulatory, and accounting issues that arise during the audit engagement.
- Supervise and manage services to our clients, which include preparation of audit strategy and business plans, setting engagement budgets, scheduling audits, selecting staff and assigning workloads, and financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, driving client satisfaction.
- Research, understand and apply complex accounting concepts and auditing procedures.
- Develop, motivate and mentor staff by providing training, regular feedback and career guidance while fostering a team environment.
- Draft and assist in the delivery of proposals for engagements by knowing the range of firm services.
The salary range provided is intended for candidates in the San Francisco Bay Area who meet the minimum requirements of the position. Candidates who do not reside in the San Francisco Bay Area, do not meet the minimum requirements, or exceed the requirements are encouraged to apply and a recruiter will provide you with a range specific to your location and qualifications.
Wondering if you should apply?
BPM is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you’re eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
BPM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note – this posting is for prospective candidates only. Unsolicited third-party resume submissions will be considered property of BPM and will not be acknowledged or returned.