Job title: Audit Supervisor Job at Zurishaddai Recruitment Agency
Job description: Zurishaddai Recruitment Agency is a one stop shop for attracting the right talent for the best offered opportunities. With a cumulative wealth of experience spanning over Eight (8) years, premium value delivery and satisfied clients’ testimonials have become our culture. We have become excellent professionals at sourcing for both mid-level and entry level job positions for small-scale and growing businesses with a track record of producing results and matching the right candidates to our clients’ requirements.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Audit Supervisor oversees audit staff during audits and control consulting engagements that evaluate corporate management and operating practices.
- You are expected to take responsibility for external audit assignments, financial institutions, medium sized companies, various industries and sectors.
- You will have the opportunity to gain multi-disciplinary industries and business sectors within the firm.
- You must be driven to achieve specific goals and targets.
- Your overall goal is to ensure the company and her clients are constantly moving towards fulfilling its short-term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic objectives.
- Oversees audit planning, field work, and audit reporting; prepares reports, and communicates findings and recommendations to line and senior management.
- Review automated audit work papers prepared by the audit staff to ensure sound audit theory and compliance with the department’s methodology.
- Responsible for the daily supervision of audit staff and responsible for the development of audit staff and the completion of performance evaluations.
- Evaluate performance of audit staffs and provide appropriate feedback.
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Organize trainings for audit team for skill development.
- Develop annual audit plan and coordinate audit activities.
- Oversee audit planning and reporting activities according to established policies.
- Supervise audit team to ensure quality and on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with team to review audit findings.
- Prepare reports with audit findings and recommendations.
- Communicate audit status to management on regular basis.
- Discuss with management about audit observations, recommendations and actions to be taken
- Prepare clear and complete audit work papers and store them in department repository.
- Assist in developing budgets and timelines for upcoming audits.
- Evaluate current audit procedures and recommend improvements.
- Evaluate and enhance internal controls to improve operational efficiency
- Analyze and resolve audit issues in a timely fashion.
- B.Sc / BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Should be a Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA).
Knowledge & Requirements
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Proven work experience as an External Auditor – 4 years post ICAN with 2 -3 years of hands on leadership experience in similar capacity
- Thorough knowledge of current external auditing techniques, auditing practices, tax consultancy and relevant regulations.
- Experience of the entire audit and Tax process
- Good knowledge of accounting and standards (e.g. GAAP, IFRS)
- Understanding of risk-based auditing and risk and control strategies
- Understanding of Quality & Risk Management procedures
- Compliance with and understanding of regulatory requirements
Additional Skills Requirements:
- Track record of leading audit teams
- Experience in data analysis and financial reporting.
Other Skills Required:
- Financial Service industry experience to include; tax consultancy, Advisory and Compliance services
- Audit experience in public accounting or internal audit
- Professional audit certifications required
- Demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (audit, accounting, regulatory, compliance, etc.)
- Good analytical, interpersonal, time management, research, and communications skills
- Must be able to effectively work with new and changing situations including new industry regulations; where there may not always be a readily apparent solution
- Must be able to view controls issues and concerns from the perspective of the Audit Committee and Senior Management