Job title: Back-end Python Engineer
Company: Harrington Starr
Job description: Be given the opportunity to join a leading cryptocurrency asset manager deploying systematic trading strategies in multiple asset classes
Work in a crypto trading environment alongside traders, engineers, quantitative researchers, and operations.
Build out client facing capabilities to offer an enhanced level of service across product.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prototyping and developing new features and analytics.
- Enhancing and maintaining existing features and codebase.
- Constructing and improving back end software architectures.
- Optimising platform performance and ensuring scalability.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelors degree (or equivalent) is essential. A graduate in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics or extensive development experience in financial services is an advantage.
- Proven programming skills with OOP eg. Go, Python languages and design patterns is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux and Shell environment is essential.
- Previous usage of Git is essential.
- Sufficient experience working with REST and WebSocket APIs is essential.
- Data manipulation and database experience (SQL) is essential.
- Interest in cryptocurrencies, financial markets and quantitative finance is essential.