Job title: Branch Manager Job at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank
Job description: Personal Trust is a Microfinance Bank in Lagos and a subsidiary of First Ally Capital Limited (FACL). Formerly known as Personal Trust Savings and Loans, the Bank was registered in 1993 and operated as a Mortgage Bank until its conversion to a Microfinance Bank in 2014. Personal Trust has a branch network at strategic locations in Lagos State and provides banking services to individuals, micro, Small and medium enterprises (MSME).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Branch Manager is responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and implementation of operational and business activities in the branch.
- The job holder implements strategic plans and drives sales target and revenue in line with budgetary projections.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure high-quality service by efficiently managing, developing and using all available resources (i.e. staff, systems and processes)
- To ensure that customers are migrated to more appropriate and cost-effective channels, that cross-selling opportunities are identified and actioned, based on customer needs.
- Manage and ensure overall operational readiness/efficiency of branch infrastructure (including, premises, assets, physical security, opening/closing procedures and operational issues such as fraud, losses and differences
- Ensure that an effective control structure is maintained, with control activities defined at every level and duties appropriately segregated and recommend revision of internal controls where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks
- Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and reduce the overall exposure by maintaining an effective system of controls.
- Ensure the effective rollout of management initiatives to the branch
- Maintains a high level of integrity and ethical standards
- Manage assets, e.g. cash and cost accountabilities, with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs
- Ensure that dual controls and levels of authority and limits of access to information/systems are adhered to
- Develop marketing and relationship management plans to achieve responsive sales targets for the centers
- Prepare a staffing plan to meet service demands in the branches
- Prepare periodic reports including daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Achieve volume and revenue target
- Coach the responsive relationship management team on product knowledge,
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of subordinates to ensure sustained profitability, compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff
- Flexibility to carry out any other task as requested by Management
- HND / B.Sc in Science, Social Science or any other related course
- Evidence of completion/ exemption of/from NYSC
- Evidence of completion of Microfinance Certification program.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Branch Manager in a bank.
- Analytical and practical understanding of workflow, capacity planning / optimization and process implementation
- Proven experience of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Basic Financial Analysis – Ability to interpret income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement and financial ratios.
- Business acumen – Ability to spot opportunities and optimize revenue generation for the business
- A thorough knowledge of standardised banking products
- A good working knowledge and understanding of behavioural credit scoring principles and practices, including an understanding of all SME product
- Extensive knowledge of banking regulations
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory provisions, policies and best practices
- Leadership, team management and mentoring
- Understanding and application of Best Practice in all areas of Operations with the ability to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Strategy planning and implementation
- Strong planning, organizational and time management abilities
- Excellent computer skills; experience in financial software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Metrics-driven mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers