As a Texas business bank focused on our clients, our mission is to provide creative and responsive solutions to help our clients achieve financial success. The strength of UTB is based on our ability to listen and react to our customer’s needs in a timely, personal, and professional manner. UTB team members experience a collaborative environment where innovation and professionalism are highly esteemed.
We are currently seeking multiple BSA/AML Compliance Analyst to join our growing compliance department. The Bank’s BSA compliance function has a significant focus on monitoring the activity of MSB and Fintech customers, foreign customers, and foreign banks. The ideal candidate has a background that involves direct exposure to BSA/AML monitoring of high-risk customers including foreign financial institutions. Candidates will need past experience performing AML monitoring for high-risk, high-volume, customer types and have a strong understanding of international wire transfer operations. Candidates must excel in oral and written communication, technical writing, and have a strong understanding of FFEIC BSA/AML examination guidelines. Multiple positions are available for individuals who substantially meet the Bank’s education and experience requirements and who specialize in OFAC sanctions compliance, transaction monitoring, KYC and foreign customer onboarding, ongoing customer monitoring, SAR writing/filing, and special investigations.
- Analyze and research customer account activity to identify suspicious transactions.
- Produce analytical reports that detail trends, patterns, and risk factors in customer transaction activity.
- Understanding of international wire settlement, SWIFT message operations, counterparty risk involving international senders/receivers.
- OFAC compliance specialist with a thorough understanding of various sanction programs and experience investigating escalated OFAC alerts.
- Execution of initial KYC evaluation and ongoing monitoring of foreign financial institutions. Including evaluation of the overall adequacy of a foreign financial institution’s AML compliance and sanctions program, independent testing, and policies and procedures.
- Significant experience monitoring customer transactions with a focus on jurisdictional risks associated with the customer’s location or the location of a counterparty.
- Experience in understanding complex transaction patterns and writing thorough suspicious activity reports.
- Stay current on industry and regulatory requirements and issues.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a business related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in one or more related field(s) including risk-advisory, banking, internal audit, regulatory compliance, BSA/AML Compliance, foreign correspondent banking, Money Service Business, and/or fintech companies.
- Experience using automated BSA/AML monitoring systems and performing manual transaction monitoring tasks.
- Strong investigative skills using Artificial Intelligence tools as well as internet research related to foreign companies and individuals.
- Experience with and understanding of international payments, cryptocurrency, and wire transfers preferred.
Skills & Attributes
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and demonstrate competence in a complex financial services environment.
- Creative, flexible, responsive, solutions-driven approach to problem solving.
- Possess a willingness and capability to work on a team (even as an individual contributor) and with other departments with minimal direction while meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement when solving problems through researching and analyzing issues.
- A strong understanding of data analytics using Microsoft excel pivot tables or other similar data analysis tools.
Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Preferred
Certified BSA/AML Professional (CBAP) Beneficial
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) – Beneficial
Certified Regulatory Compliance Magner (CRCM) – Beneficial
Certified Global Sanctions Specialist (CGSS) – Beneficial
Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) – Beneficial
UTB is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as protected veterans.
Powered by JazzHR