Job title: BURN Nigeria Limited Current Job Opportunity- Apply Now
Job description: BURN is the largest vertically integrated modern cookstove company in the world, providing world-class R&D, manufacturing, and carbon offset projects from our HQ in Kenya and across 10 countries in Africa. We are working to create a world where cooking positively impacts all life on earth by producing the world’s most efficient biomass, liquid fuel, and electric cookstoves. Our team of 900 people – 51% of whom are women – is on track to produce and sell over 150,000 stoves per month in 2022 at our solar-powered facility in Kenya. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- We are seeking a Finance and Administration Officer who will be responsible for providing financial and administrative support in Kano.
- This role entails having the expertise to administer accounting operations that ensure accurate financial systems and will contribute to financial planning, reporting, and implementing best practices in financial administration.
- The successful candidate will also play an administrative role in ensuring the office aligns with company policies and compliance with relevant regulatory and legal requirements.
- We are looking for someone who is interested in working in a dynamic, challenging environment, for a company that recognizes and rewards creativity, initiative and contributions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in collating data required for accounting and tax filing.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of the audit process when necessary.
- Support with general tax, VAT and withholding tax filing.
- Identify and address discrepancies on purchase invoices and receipts shared.
- Bank agent
- Ensure that all documents have the relevant approvals before forwarding for payment.
- Maintain records of VAT invoices to support reporting to the revenue authority.
- Ensure all supporting documentation (including tax-compliant invoices) is available and filed correctly.
- Reconciliation of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Reconciliation of B2C sales vs. cash received and banked.
- Reconciliation of stock flow report, sales reported, and sales posted in the system.
- Ensure that cash and cheques from sales are deposited in a timely manner.
- Petty cash management.
- Any other tasks as requested by the line manager and/or senior management.
Skills and Experience
- Formal accounting qualification such as a Degree in Finance / Accounting, or a recognized Accounting qualification.
- 2-3 years experience working in a finance department, carrying out standard accounting procedures.
- CPA / ACCA qualification.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Experience with an international company.
- Experience working with standard accounting systems such as Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Proven ability with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ability to be exceptionally organized and proficient at multi-tasking.
- Excellent problem-finding and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Anybody asking you to pay money to schedule your interview or offer you job may be a scam