Our client is a U.S incorporated company with operations in 16 African countries and is one of the first to bring cryptocurrency and related financial infrastructure products and services to Africa. Their mission is to make cryptocurrency/blockchain and other FinTech products and services more accessible and affordable than ever before. Our client’s vision strives to form a committed team of forward-thinkers who collectively create a supportive, welcoming, and highly innovative environment for all.
Job Type: Full-time | Remote
- 5+ Years of experience in a VP Finance or CFO role
- Experience working in a finance role within a multi-jurisdictional company (including African jurisdictions) and actively participating in group consolidation exercises.
- Earlier experience working in the audit function of a Big 4 accounting firm or at a bulge bracket investment bank with exposure to the financial services industry.
- Experience living and working in sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience working in the United States and/or UK/Europe
- University education in the United States and/or UK/Europe
- Working knowledge or familiarity with cryptocurrency and other financial services (e.g. payment services, remittance, etc.)
- Experience with transfer pricing and withholding tax issues
- Outstanding financial acumen blended with business partnership and leadership skills
- Proven track record of financial performance and of being a strong business partner
- Exhibit outstanding critical thinking skills, including the ability develop and continually revise the company’s financial model, analyze data, identify trends, pinpoint problems and root causes, ask probing questions and develop innovative solutions
- Passion and proven ability to cultivate top talent, build, and lead diverse, cross-departmental and cross-boarder teams
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a team of professionals to meet the strategic business needs
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with leaders to develop and execute plans.
- Excellent communicator and change leader
- Experience with a venture-funded, high growth FinTech or financial services start-up
- Experience supporting venture capital financings
- Familiarity with the IPO process, listed company financial reporting, and M&A transactions
- Fluent in English and French
- Report to the CEOand serve as a member of the company’s Executive Team, with responsibility for all aspects of the Finance function.
- Continue to build out an internal and external finance and accounting team in Africa
- Improve and automate FP&A processes, as well as KPI and financial performance reporting against company targets and goals
- Assist with the design of internal processes, systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information
- Manage liquidity in both fiat currency and cryptocurrencies
- Oversee the production of accurate financial statements
- Oversee the audit process for numerous subsidiaries across multiple jurisdictions
- Make sure all financial data adheres to current tax laws and regulations
- Serve as the primary interface with our external auditor
- Maintain a strong financial control environment in compliance with all applicable jurisdictional requirements
- Challenge the status quo with ideas to drive internal efficiencies and growth in revenue based upon solid data analysis
If you are interested, please send your application via our website or Job Link! We look forward to hearing from you!
Black Pen Recruitment is a global recruitment agency that targets European, African and American Markets with headquarters based in Malta (Europe) and Cape Town (South Africa).