Job title: Community & Social Media Manager
Company: Career Renew
Job description: Career Renew is recruiting for one of its clients a fully remote Community & Social Media Manager – candidates need to be based in Europe/UK.
As the Community & Social Media Manager your goal will be to build a strong community that actively contributes to build and improve our Protocol over time, while keeping our community members and users updated and aware of what our technology can offer them.
This role requires your to be versatile between marketing and community building, it would benefit from in depth knowledge of Web3, DeFi and the inner mechanics of our real-time assets transfer.
You’ll have the change of building an international community with local chapters across the globe, meet our community members at IRL events, organise product launches, channel feedback to our product team and keep them connected digitally via Discord and a series of dedicated initiatives. You’ll be talking directly to our community members daily across a variety of channels, and without prior knowledge of Web3 you’ll find the learning curve quite steep.
Our ideal candidate would be a savvy crypto/DeFi user and an experienced Community or Social Media Manager, who has already spent some time working with blockchain applications, whether commercially successful or not.
- You are a die-hard Web3 advocate
- You are delighted and energized by engaging with people daily online and in person
- You love fostering and nurturing a community of tech-savvy engineers as well as creatives and business profiles
- You don’t forget the big picture and ship finished projects on time
- You aren’t afraid of challenges, enjoy complex requirements, and can operate autonomously
- You want to make a difference and get rewarded by working hard
- Develop and execute community engagement strategies, including engagement and retention
- Build, maintain, and execute a community content calendar and schedule, ensuring consistency with brand messaging and voice.
- Plan, organize, and moderate community-focused events, including AMAs, webinars, and other interactive sessions.
- Set and implement social media and communication campaigns that align with marketing strategies.
- Create and execute engaging content and campaigns for social media accounts (Discord, Twitter & LinkedIn)
- Respond to comments and user queries in a timely manner on Discord, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Monitor and report on community members’ feedback and online reviews
- Coordinate with Marketing, DevX, PR, and Communications teams to ensure brand consistency
- Liaise with Engineering, Growth and Product departments to stay updated on new products and features
- Build relationships with current and prospective customers, industry professionals, and journalists
- Build your public presence on Twitter and Lens as the well known community leader
- Stay up-to-date with web3 technology trends
- Work closely with our COO and marketing team
- At least 2 years experience as a social media and community manager within Web3
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g., building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series, and writing an email newsletter)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics (e.g., repeat attendance at events)
- Experience in managing a Discord Server
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Basic understanding of web3 technology (e.g., constituents, tools, networks, mechanics, memes, etc)
- Previous experience managing a Web3 community
- Previous experience in a venture backed tech startup
- Bonus points if you are an active DeFi user!