Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like , , and .
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
Are you ready to make a significant impact on the heart of Kraken’s operations? Join our Banking Partner Relationship team in Compliance and become an integral part of shaping the future of our banking partnerships. The BP team is at the core of Kraken’s success, continuously enhancing our relationships with existing and new banking partners. We thrive on the ability to multitask & prioritization, cross-functional communication across various Lines of Business (both inside and outside the organization), and completing daily requests presented by our banking partners.
We believe in the power of collaboration (as the team is global), Independence, adaptability, and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment are our hallmarks for team success. If you’re looking to be part of an innovative and high-impact team in the ever-evolving crypto industry, we invite you to explore the opportunities with us. Join Kraken’s Banking Partner Relationship team and be the driving force behind our continued success in the world of cryptocurrency and banking.
- Represent the company as a professional AML/CTF compliance expert with all parties, internal and external
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) and provide support for Client Engagement teams on Compliance related issues
- Manage various inboxes and provide timely responses to all stakeholders
- Consistently make appropriate decisions regarding potential sanctions and watchlist matches with accurate documentation of analysis and escalation to appropriate parties when necessary
- Perform due diligence/enhanced due diligence on customers, partners, vendors as required
- Develop and maintain periodic reports for various business functions
- Communicate effectively to coordinate cross-functional projects
- Identify and develop workflow efficiencies
- Draft policies/procedure updates, when/if required
- Respond to customer complaints, when/if required
Skills you should HODL
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a compliance role at a financial institution or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of AML high risk entity types and required documentation
- Knowledge of international know your customer requirements
- Familiar with international sanctions and/or various government watchlists
- Ability to act independently in analyzing a customer’s risk and effectively research compliance regulations
- Excellent analytical/problem solving, verbal and written communication, and organization skills
- The ability to balance competing priorities on a daily basis
- Proficient in Microsoft excel
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to take ownership of work product and consistently deliver results
- Adaptability to global business needs
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
Location Tagging: #EU #LI-remote
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know