Job title: Compliance Officer Job at Quidax
Job description: Quidax is an African focused cryptocurrency exchange. We enable customers to buy/sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies (Ethereum, USDT and Litecoin) with Naira. Our vision, which is at the core of what we do every day at Quidax, is to build a world where sending money and value around the globe is as easy as sending a text message. We value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Location: Remote
- We are looking for a Compliance Officer to join our team and ensure that our operations comply with relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies.
- As a Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for identifying and mitigating compliance risks, conducting audits and reviews, and implementing compliance programs.
- We always and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds and identities to apply.
- With each new hire, we look to diversify, strengthen our team, and be more purposeful about building our culture.
- On the other hand, we look to give you the opportunity to grow, do the most impactful work of your life tackling problems that matter while being happy doing it.
About the Job
- The mission of the role is to own compliance within our organization and ensure that all activities are conducted in adherence to legal and regulatory requirements.
- You will work closely with different teams to assess and address compliance issues, provide guidance and training on compliance matters, and monitor ongoing compliance efforts.
What your day-to-day looks like
- Sync with your team lead on the direction for the week/day.
- Review alerts for potential money laundering, sanctions, and suspicious activity including conducting investigations and escalation to the Compliance Manager.
- Assist in preparing monthly and annual metrics for new customers, high risk individuals and foreign PEPs.
- Support with developing and maintaining compliance frameworks and policies.
- Assist in Compliance Monitoring Assessments.
- Responsible for conducting sanctions and adverse screening for prospective clients as well related parties (e.g., directors, signatories and beneficial owners) using third party tools and public sources to identify adverse media, sanctions risk and/or politically exposed persons (PEPs).
- Review and document KYC for prospective customers at the time of on-boarding.
- Assist in development, scheduling and tracking of periodic AML training.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as required.
What You Need to Have
- Minimum of First Degree in any discipline is required.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in Compliance. Audit and Risk may be considered.
- Ability to communicate clearly, learn fast and be flexible.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering results.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong project management, time management, and organisational skills.
- Ability to execute tasks with minimal supervision.
Nice to haves:
A Compliance certification (CAMS, CAFCA, DCP etc.)
- Please send an application tailored to the role that speaks to us.
- A lot of people send in bland generic applications, and it is easy and very helpful to stand out, especially when someone has been going through 100 applications, endeavour to make your application the breath of fresh air.
- We appreciate your great writing and you taking the time to put your application together.
- We would most likely send you a test should you get through the application stage, please imagine you are already part of the team and walk us through your thinking about the problems we present.