The preferred location for this position is in or around Robinhood’s offices in Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Lake Mary, FL, or Westlake, TX, depending on the applicant’s location. This role is eligible for remote work in limited geographies within the U.S. Check with your recruiter for more information.
The Crypto AML Investigations Manager will be responsible for supervising AML investigations and suspicious activity report production, with an emphasis on activity involving Robinhood’s crypto products. The Manager will also be responsible for developing their team, and assisting with the development of policies, procedures, and training. The Manager will also support the AML Investigations department in managing risk and monitoring customer behavior to ensure we meet our requirements under Firm policy, the BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of investigators including day-to-day production, training, and professional development
- Manage AML investigations including daily workflow, operational queues, suspicious activity reporting, and metrics
- Review crypto case investigations, escalations, and filings of Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) as needed
- Assist in developing and enhancing AML investigations-related policies, procedures, and desktop aids
- Coordinate with teams within and outside of Financial Crimes to assist in the implementation of procedural enhancements
- Support program-wide investigations through gathering data and/or documentation
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years working in AML investigations or related consulting experience for financial services/fintech/crypto clients, with 2+ years focused on cryptocurrency investigations
- 2+ years experience in managing a team of 4+ people
- Experience with blockchain analytics software (e.g. Chainalysis, Elliptic, CipherTrace)
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and applicable rules (i.e. BSA, FinCEN, NYDFS), especially relating to virtual currencies
- Experience developing AML policies, procedures, and training
- Ability to autonomously and effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to an ambiguous, changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong, cross-functional working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Crypto compliance certifications (CCI, CTCE, CCFC, Reactor, KYT)
What we offer
- Market competitive and pay equity-focused compensation structure
- 100% paid health insurance for employees with 90% coverage for dependents
- Annual lifestyle wallet for personal wellness, learning and development, and more!
- Lifetime maximum benefit for family forming and fertility benefits
- Dedicated mental health support for employees and eligible dependents
- Generous time away including company holidays, paid time off, sick time, parental leave, and more!
- Lively office environment with catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, and geo-specific commuter benefits
The expected salary range for this role is based on the location where the work will be performed and is aligned to one of 3 compensation zones. This role is also eligible to participate in a Robinhood bonus plan and Robinhood’s equity plan.
US Zone 1: $123000 – $145000
US Zone 2: $109000 – $128000
US Zone 3: $96000 – $113000