Job title: Cryptocurrency Investigations Specialist
Job description: At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary: What you need to know about the role –
We are looking for an expert in cryptocurrency who has extensive experience with blockchain forensic software for investigating anti-money laundering, complex financial crime, and/or trans-national organized crime.
Meet our team –
As a Cryptocurrency Investigations Specialist, Global Investigations – Financial Crime Intelligence and Investigations (FCII) organization you will be supporting the Global Financial Crime & Customer Protection program. In this role, you will support PayPal’s Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance efforts by conducting complex investigations into illicit use of cryptocurrency, identifying financial crime patterns, and collaborating with internal and external partners (including law enforcement) to identify trends, emerging threats, and typologies.
Your way to impact
- Identify broader policy and product issues related to cryptocurrency activity by analyzing investigative leads and root causes.
- Research and review current and emerging trends involving cryptocurrency and other digital assets.
- Deliver verbal and written briefings to partners and leaders regarding current and emerging threats with cryptocurrency.
- Engage with internal and external partners in proactively identify opportunities for collaboration, raise awareness of investigative findings, and develop recommendations to mitigate risk.
Your day to day
In your day to day role you will
- Conduct comprehensive, high quality, end-to-end complex investigations that identify financial crime patterns, trends, and typologies in support of the Global Investigations team mission to mitigate risk to PayPal and its global users.
- Think critically and strategically and look beyond the initial facts presented to drive investigations to conclusion.
- Detect potentially suspicious activity through multiple platforms and jurisdictions.
- Respond appropriately to requests and fulfil time-sensitive regulatory filing obligations such as Suspicious Activity Reports(SARs)
- Operate independently while manage multiple competing priorities with difficult deadlines, and exhibit a sense of urgency when necessary.
What do you need to bring
- Understanding of risk patterns and risk mitigation techniques and policies that detect, deter, and mitigate financial crimes.
- Advanced research and analytical skills, ability to assess and analyze large amounts of data with a high attention to detail, identify patterns/ trends, and create reports on critical information.
- Expert oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels of management.
- Knowledge of Federal Regulations (Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts), and governing bodies such as Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) & US Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), etc.
- Experience in Crypto-specific investigative work (preferred).
Additional Job Description:
**We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply.
Travel Percent: 0
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit
Who We Are:
to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .
Any general requests for consideration of your skills, please
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.