Job title: Data Center Services Technician
Company: Atlas Power, LLC
Job description: JOB TITLE: Data Service Center Technician
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $23.00 per hour start, $24.00 after 90 days; night shift differential
Reports to: DSC Shift Lead
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
Work Location: Butte, Montana
At Atlas Power, we’re on a mission to build the largest cryptocurrency mining company in the world with a carbon-neutral footprint. We believe cryptocurrency is the future, and we’re dedicated to building that future with sustainable operations that support crypto currency mining networks, and High-Performance Computing (HPC). An extension of a historic family legacy in the mining sector, Atlas Power owns and operates one of Montana’s largest data centers with 75 Megawatts (MW) of power currently allocated and deployed. With the construction of our new 700MW Data Center in North Dakota, we’re set to be the largest high-density operator in North America.
We’re expanding fast, and we’re looking for teammates who have a genuine interest in cryptocurrency and who are excited about building the future of the industry with us. In turn, we’re focused on providing the next generation of developers, miners, and founders with the tools that they need to grow and succeed.
Here are some qualities we value in this role:
- You’re a problem solver, innovative, and get things done with quality and speed.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and looking for opportunities for career growth.
- You want to work for an organization that has a positive culture where employees are engaged and are defining the digital asset revolution.
- Deploy mining devices.
- Troubleshoot high level technical problems.
- Analyze data to identify trends or relationships among variables.
- Review designs, codes, test plans, or documentation to ensure quality.
- Maintain documentation to support operations.
- Provide feedback regarding observations during duties which could increase efficiency and effectiveness of miners and other operations.
- Perform other duties in line with the role as instructed by the Site Lead and those with duly delegated authority.
- This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job and other duties may be assigned.
- Exhibit self-management skills and make decisions on his/her own.
- Take direction when it is given and pay attention to all details involved.
- Must work well with teams and be dependable and consistent.
- Demonstrate the ability to retain information quickly, communicate effectively with fellow employees/supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess basic understanding of computer functionality, programs, and/or operating systems.
- Understanding of Computer Hardware Maintenance
- A+ Certification
- Net+ Certification
- Server+ Certification
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Must be comfortable working in varying weather conditions in unconditioned spaces
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 70 pounds
- 8-hour shifts
- Day shift: 7 am – 3:30 pm
- Swing Shift: 3 pm – 11:30 pm
- Night shift: 11 pm – 7:30 am
- Overtime available
We offer a generous benefits package. Benefits start on the first day of hire.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- PTO package (15 days PTO)
- 5 days paid sick leave
- 401k with match option
- Holiday pay (13 paid holidays)
- Clothing Allowance (Boots, etc.)
- PPE provided
Atlas Power is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.