Job title: Developer Support Engineer
Company: Circle Internet Financial
Job description: Circle is a financial technology company at the epicenter of the emerging internet of money, where value can finally travel like other digital data – globally, nearly instantly and less expensively than legacy settlement systems. This ground-breaking new internet layer opens up previously unimaginable possibilities for payments, commerce and markets that can help raise global economic prosperity and enhance inclusion. Our infrastructure – including USDC, a blockchain-based dollar – helps businesses, institutions and developers harness these breakthroughs and capitalize on this major turning point in the evolution of money and technology.
What you’ll be part of:
Circle is committed to visibility and stability in everything we do. As we grow as an organization, we’re expanding into some of the world’s strongest jurisdictions. Speed and efficiency are motivators for our success and our employees live by our company values: Multistakeholder, Mindfulness, Driven by Excellence and High Integrity. Circlers are consistently evolving in a remote world where strength in numbers fuels team success. We have built a flexible and diverse work environment where new ideas are encouraged and everyone is a stakeholder.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Developer Support Engineer who will provide world-class support to customers using the Circle Platform. You will become an expert in helping clients with our API-based products and consulting with external developers. You enjoy the challenge of solving open-ended problems in a timely manner and you are passionate about customer experience. You enjoy building at the earliest stages. You care deeply about contributing and improving company processes, and you enjoy moving at a fast pace, building a long-lasting foundation, and helping customers thrive.
What you’ll work on:
- Engaging with customers and providing prompt and accurate follow-up to resolve issues that come in through Slack and tickets.
- Managing technical and product issues as well as escalations, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction by resolving technical issues.
- Triaging, investigating, identifying and resolving technical issues related to cryptocurrency transactions, blockchain ledger logs and API integrations.
- Providing coverage through “on-call” shifts as needed to support our global 24/7 support model.
- Building and improving our internal support tooling and reporting.
- Consulting on projects to improve help documentation on our knowledge base and maintaining an internal library of qualified answers to frequently asked questions.
- Meeting defined Service Level Agreements, Objectives and Key Results.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 2+ years prior experience in technical issue resolution in a fast paced global support team supporting SaaS based product or relevant experience in financial services.
- Programming experience in one or more of the following languages: Java, PHP, Objective-C, Python and Golang.
- Ideally an understanding of AWS and GCP cloud solutions, REST APIs, distributed systems, databases, and developer tools.
- Knowledge in the following tools preferred: SQL, Postman, Kibana, Jira , Salesforce, Confluence.
- Experience in helping customers to diagnose and debug development issues.
- Experience with developer communities such as Discord or Stackoverflow.
- Demonstrated problem-solving approach and analytical skills.
- Have a talent for writing and a skill for communicating complex problems clearly.
- Multilingual skills are preferred, especially Spanish and English.
- Availability to work on weekends and holidays as needed.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
- This position is eligible for day-one PERM sponsorship for qualified candidates.
Circle is on a mission to create an inclusive financial future, with transparency at our core. We consider a wide variety of elements when crafting our compensation ranges and total compensation packages.
The compensation range below is specific to New York, NY. Actual starting pay is determined by various factors, including but not limited to: relevant experience, skill set, qualifications, and other business and organizational needs. Please note that compensation ranges may differ for candidates in other locations.
Base Pay Range: $95,000 – $125,000
Annual Bonus Target: 10%
Also Included: Equity & Benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)). Circle has a discretionary vacation policy. We also provide 10 days of paid sick leave per year and 11 paid holidays per year in the U.S.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Additionally, Circle participates in the in certain locations, as required by law.