At Warner Music Group, we’re a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
- Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
- Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
- Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
- Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sex or sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, and any other protected characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Atlantic Records UK is home to some of the most iconic UK artists from household names such as Ed Sheeran, Anne-Marie, Charli XCX & Burna Boy to emerging names such as Nathan Dawe, Fred Again..and Maisie Peters. You’d be joining the Audience team, who work hand in hand with Marketing to construct our artist campaigns, driving amplification online, growing audiences and dialling in on communities forming around our artists. We do this in a number of ways including creating, marketing & optimising content, developing and implementing fan acquisition strategies, and working with new digital platforms and startups.
As Direct To Fan Manager & Communies Manager you will fulfil a key role within the label to be the conduit between our artists and their fanbase beyond social media. You will lean in to all artist campaigns, working within the Audience Team to ensure First Party Data strategy is at the heart of every campaign, and work to harness the power of a mobilised fanbase via Community Management, CRM, social listening, audience insight, e-commerce, in venue activations and wherever fandom is present. Your success will be measured on scaling, mobilising and engaging artist superfan communities.
Here you’ll get to:
- You will put first party data collection strategies at the heart of all of our campaigns, migrating fans off of social media, capturing data at events and working alongside ticketing partners to ensure we have effective communications channels with our fanbases beyond algorithms
- You will cultivate superfandom by helping to build community destinations for fans, via Discord and similar platforms
- You will consistently evaluate the scale of our artist’s superfan reach, and have a keen eye on demographic appropriate ways to nurture that scale
- You will work with Audience Managers to set the email and SMS CRM strategy across our roster, to grow, engage and mobilise our first party data
- You will be data minded, able to understand what makes our fanbases tick and help strategise working fans through the funnel from casual fan to superfan
- You will stay up to date with the latest CRM trends, bring new suppliers to the label and stay curious across the communications landscape
- You will ensure outgoing communications from the label are of the highest quality, working with the Email Operations & WMX Audience team to ensure our email designs are eye catching & efficient to produce
- You will work with our Artist Manager community to ensure an understanding of the importance of a first party data strategy and ensure everyone is on the same page with an effective Direct To Fan Strategy
- You will work with the Marketing team to devise effective e-commerce strategies to drive revenue from our first party data
- You will strategise the use of web3/blockchain technology where appropriate within community strategy
- You will persistently re-assess our strategies and report on what is working and what isn’t
- You will ensure all data collection and communication strategies are compliant with global data laws (GDPR, CCPA etc).
- You love music
- You have experience working in Direct To Fan marketing, CRM, e-commerce or Community Moderation
- You can effectively communicate the importance of a first party data strategy
- You’re a technically minded individual, capable of picking up new technology quickly and able to work with HTML and Photoshop to pull together email creatives
- You have worked in a previous music industry or entertainment role in CRM, e-commerce, ticketing, digital or associated departments
- You are a skilled negotiator, able to extract the best value for the label when it comes to arranging retainers, bringing in new suppliers
- You can demonstrate an awareness of GDPR and CCPA rules around data collection
- You’re a creative individual bursting with ideas for how our artists can benefit from an effective Direct to Fan strategy
- You can demonstrate a vision for the role and how it can become one of the most effective roles on the floor
We’d love it if you also had:
- An understanding of Web3 and Blockchain technology
- Capability of coordinating In Real Life activations around fan communities
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world’s premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We’re the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the “Apply” link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We’re taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religion or belief, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or any other characteristic protected by law.