Job title: Director, FP&A
Job description: CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. The company operates the world’s largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by transaction volume with over 4,500 kiosks across 49 US states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Australia supporting the buying and selling of major cryptocurrencies with cash. In 2020, CoinFlip launched Order Desk, an over-the-counter service that provides investors with a personal account manager and competitive coin pricing. In 2023, CoinFlip launched a digital platform called : the easiest way to buy, sell, send, swap, and receive crypto.
CoinFlip was founded in 2015 by Daniel Polotsky, Kris Dayrit, Alan Gurevich, and Ben Weiss. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip placed in the top 100 on the 2021 and 2022 Inc. 5000 list, and on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, was named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s and was awarded the 2021 and 2022 Stevie ® Awards for Customer Service. For more information about CoinFlip, please visit .
This role will report to the VP of Finance and own our forecasting and budget models, along with monthly reporting of financial results, key KPI tracking, and department budget variance analysis across all corporate entities for the organization. In this role you will manage a team while working with the internal accounting team as well as business leaders across the organization to storyline results, develop and optimize analytical models, and ultimately provide recommendations to aid in executive decision making.
You will serve as a thought leader to improve processes, drive standardization, and build scalable reporting and forecasting solutions.
- Own annual budget and re-forecast across all corporate entities
- Communicate, coordinate, collaborate with functional teams and consolidate the weekly / monthly enterprise-wide management reporting
- Communicate, coordinate, collaborate with functional/treasury teams and consolidate the quarterly debt/equity investor management reporting package
- Communicate, coordinate, collaborate with functional teams and consolidate the quarterly board of director’s management reporting package
- Develop strong relationships with the accounting team to ensure monthly reporting cadence is maintained
- Collaborate with the Corporate Development team to properly capture inorganic growth objectives in any/all reporting cycles
- Assist in evaluating potential acquisition targets as part of M&A due diligence
- Develop and mentor staff through on-boarding, open communication, training/development opportunities and performance management processes; build and maintain employee morale and motivation; ensure the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies
- Participate in adhoc projects and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or a related field/equivalent experience
- 7+ years of progressive experience with a minimum of 5 years in FP&A
- Previous experience in high growth businesses
- Previous experience working with multiple corporate entities and international entities
- Experience with M&A and integrating new acquisitions is a plus
- Excellent communicator with experience distilling complex information into articulate narratives that cater to wide audiences
- Desire to work in a dynamic and fast paced startup environment
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience in the crypto (not required), tech or financial services sectors
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup, and managing change
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” – we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying “STOP” to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply “HELP.” Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.