We believe everyone deserves access to affordable and simple legal services. Founded in 2008, Rocket Lawyer is the largest and most widely used online legal service platform in the world. With offices in North America, South America, and Europe, Rocket Lawyer has helped over 30 million people create over 50 million legal documents, and get their legal questions answered.
We are in a unique position to enhance and expand the Rocket Lawyer platform to a scale never seen before in the company’s history, to capture audiences worldwide. We are expanding our team to take on this challenge!
About the Role
The Payments team enables consumers to pay for their digital content and services by maximizing acceptance and minimizing friction in the purchasing experience at Rocket Lawyer. This person will report to the VP, Operations and be responsible to manage payments in the US, UK, EU and BR markets.
- Drive Rocket Lawyer’s overall payment processing operations in partnership with Finance, Product Management, Engineering, Risk/Security and external platform partners
- Optimize payment processing to increase customer satisfaction, improve NPS, increase transaction success rate and minimize refunds and chargebacks in all our countries of operation
- Partner with Product leaders to create new payment initiatives with cards, ACH, and alternative payment methods
- Ensure Rocket Lawyer is using the optimal set of payment processing, alerting, and risk management solutions
- Deliver meaningful data analyses and insights to drive decisions in each country
- Manage and forecast refunds, fraud losses and payment processing expenses
- Own key vendor and industry relationships (processors, risk services providers, etc.)
- 8-10 years in payments at a SaaS or subscription-based e-commerce or peer-to-peer payments business
- Expert-level understanding of credit/debit card processing and expert-level understanding of card processing ecosystem and experience with alternative payment methods
- Deep understanding of payment settlement and reconciliation processes
- Proven ability to optimize payment success while managing risk and minimizing chargebacks
- Expertise in regional (US, UK, EU, BR) payment systems and trends preferred
- Experience with alternative payment methods, i.e., cryptocurrency and token-based payments systems preferred
- Self-starter who can also manage a small team and work cross functionally to drive projects to completion preferred
- Knowledge of relevant federal and state regulations and card industry rules preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with Stripe is a plus
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health plans (including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance for full-time employees)
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary packages
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Supplemental Optional Life Insurance Benefits
- FSA Options Optional
- HSA with Company Match
- 401k program with Company Match
- Fertility Assistance and Planning options
- Gympass & Classpass fitness platforms
- Comprehensive Pet Insurance options
- Financial Wellbeing & Student Loan Program access
- Access to additional Mental Health & Wellbeing resources
- Pre-tax Commuter/Transit Benefits
- Free Rocket Lawyer account with online access to an extensive legal documents library and brilliant licensed attorneys at discounted rates
$150,000 – $200,000 a year
Rocket Lawyer is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, military or veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We particularly welcome applications from veterans and military spouses.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
You may request reasonable accommodations by sending an email to .