Job title: Director of Risk Management
Job description: BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
BitGo is looking for a Director of Risk Management to assist the Chief Risk Officer in managing and expanding the enterprise-wide risk management program and to provide subject matter expertise on various types of risks (security, regulatory, operational, and financial) and compliance matters. You will work closely with corporate executives, sales, product, engineering, HR, finance, legal counsel, and business managers to understand BitGo’s top risks and risk tolerance. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the development, implementation, and management of the overall process for enterprise risk strategy and policies, standards, and guidelines related to corporate risk.
- Lead the review of third-parties, applications, and/or technology environments during the onboarding, development, or acquisitions process to ensure potential risks are identified and mitigated/accepted accordingly.
- Ensure BitGo risk framework aligns to industry standards.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and managing BitGo’s enterprise-wide risk management program, including necessary policy, procedures, and training.
- Work with the corporate executives in finance and in BitGo Prime to establish processes and procedures for the analysis of financial and counterparty risks.
- Assist Legal and Compliance teams in ensuring BitGo adheres to all regulatory obligations across its global operations.
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- Knowledge of risk management and control frameworks (e.g. COSO, ISO 31000)
- Knowledge of of information security and privacy standards and regulations (e.g., ISO 27001/27701, NIST, FFIEC, CCPA, EU GDPR)
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Excellent staff management skills.
- Ability to interface with top management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- A college degree in business, public policy, or a technical field. (BA/BS)
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience.
- You are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending upon your leveling and location, the compensation for this role averages between $160,000 – $220,000 USD base salary. Equity, an annual performance bonus and the benefits outlined below are also a part of this role’s package.