Do you want to be part of a team that is building a financial crimes program for a new digital bank? Do you want a lead role in the preventing criminals and terrorists from abusing the financial and legislative systems? Are you the type of person who can help in the development and implementation of programs to prevent financial crimes that apply to UBS Bank USA (“BUSA”) and our new digital bank, and enhance governance and management reporting processes for key stakeholders, control committees and the Bank’s Board of Directors? Are you an individual capable of undertaking a demanding yet rewarding role that entails a focus on both strategic thinking and execution?
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
- support the BUSA Chief Anti-Money Laundering Officer particularly in the areas of
o advising on financial crime initiatives involving digital banking and payments
o assessing the Financial Crime Prevention (FCP) risks (anti-money laundering, sanctions, and anti-bribery and corruption) associated with digital banking and money movement/payment rails
o assessing end to end FCP-related processes for the digital bank, recommending the extent to which existing process may support the digital bank, identifying coverage gaps, and recommending actions to close the gaps
o helping to develop FCP policies, procedures, and training for the LOB for the new business
o ensuring that existing BUSA FCP-governance processes and the management information program support a digital bank, and that customers and products offered are included in UBS’s customer risk rating model and risk assessment
- provide guidance to senior executives and business managers relating to FCP risks, controls and governance pertaining to digital banking and payments
- Provide BAU support for the digital bank once it has been launched
- When needed, provide advisory support for BUSA’s BAU FCP Program, with a focus on customer risk matter, suspicious activity reviews, policy and procedure development, and FCP governance and reporting.
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it’s our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
You will be working with the NBI team and FCP team, in the Group Compliance Regulatory & Governance function, based in Weehawken, NJ. The Financial Crime team helps UBS in the fight against money-laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
- 4 year college degree or international equivalent
- 3+ years of prior AML compliance or related regulatory experience with a retail/or commercial bank, digital bank, fintech (financial crimes preferred), or payments/money movement company (i.e., PayPal, Stripe, Plaid, Zelle).
- proven recent experience in a financial crimes role in consumer or commercial banking; or experience at a fin-tech or digital bank is preferred, with experience covering deposit products and money movement/payment services offered on digital banking platforms.
- experience handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion with a focus on the maintenance of client privacy
- Knowledge and experience in handling cyber-security and fraud detection for digital banking platforms
- Knowledge of deposit products, payments and money movement services, real-time payments, Zelle, or cryptocurrency is a plus
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) / Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) / Certified AML and Fraud Professional (CAFP) is a plus
- able to interact with, and present to, all levels of management and regulators
- team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, able to calmly manage conflict and pressure in a demanding, high-volume environment
- capable of prioritizing based on business demands
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 70,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
How we hire
This role requires an assessment on application. Learn more about how we hire: www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/experienced-professionals.html