Job title: Head of Product Development
Company: PSD Group
Job description: We have a current opportunity for a Head of Product development on a permanent basis. For further information about this position please apply.
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Product Development will partner with management and business unit leaders in developing new product proposals, exploring partnership opportunities, including developing and presenting business cases for new products.
- Take ownership of the whole product development lifecycle in terms of researching new product ideas with the sales team, creating detailed terms sheets and working closely with the structuring team and external legal to issued product and finally with operations and sales in getting new products picked up and tradable in the market.
- Create product launch framework/process and push to support potential opportunities backed by research and data.
- Identify and develop innovative digital asset-backed products to compete with evolving competitor landscape and develop deep subject matter expertise on relevant crypto protocols and the broader digital asset market.
- Work closely with partners (Blockchain Foundations, asset managers, any relevant counterparties), to identify and develop innovative product opportunities.
- Monitor product success and competitor movements to iterate overall product innovation, development, pricing and growth strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (CEOs, Capital Markets, Marketing, Operations, Compliance, and Legal) to develop and execute technology roadmap.
- Take ownership of key external relationships, venues/exchanges, market makers, index providers, data vendors etc.
- Alongside Head of Capital markets, work with market makers and APs to gather feedback on the development and ensure support of new products.
- Constantly review existing product suites to improve composition and design.
- Be a partner to Chief Executive Officer in their dealings with business partners, acting as a subject matter expert on products and the product suite.
- Develop and work alongside necessary team members to distribute relevant reports that monitor products.
- Continuously work alongside Legal to obtain extensive knowledge about prospectus development and actively participate in the structuring/drafting of new products.
- A high level understanding and personal interest in crypto/digital assets.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in ETF/ETP industry (with a cryptocurrency /blockchain focus ideally but not vital) or in a crypto focused asset manager.
- Good business and commercial sense, able to understand and articulate mechanisms behind various value propositions within traditional financial markets and Crypto.
- Strong skills in data manipulation/analytics.
- Innovative approach to developing product/business ideas combined with an ability to fully develop proposals front to back.
- Strong ability to develop and adapt Project/Business plans and Pitch Decks.
- Strong written and analytical skills for analysis and internal reporting.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent Microsoft office skills.
- In-depth understanding and experience in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry, including solid grasp of trends, themes, tokenomics, etc.