Input Output Global (IOG) is at the leading edge of evidence-based research and transformative systems designed to change the world for everyone everywhere. We want to build brands and leave a legacy, while setting industry standards for greater adoption of innovative technologies.
We are seeking a Head of Web Development within our Marketing team. The ideal candidate will lead a team of highly skilled developers to build and maintain a number of websites and full stack applications and platforms that drive the adoption of Web3 technologies. You will be responsible for guiding the development team in creating secure, scalable, and user-friendly solutions. Your strategic vision and technical expertise will play a pivotal role in shaping the future IOG and the entire Web3 ecosystem.
- Lead and mentor the web development team, promoting a culture of collaboration and innovation
- Provide technical guidance and oversight throughout the project development lifecycle
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within scope while maintaining high-quality standard
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to conceptualise and design decentralised applications and platforms
- Align development efforts with the company’s strategic objectives
- Work closely with blockchain architects and engineers to integrate different blockchain protocols securely
- Ensure the performance, standards / legal compliance and interoperability of the team’s output.
- Enforce coding best practices and security measures across development projects
- Implement robust testing procedures to maintain code quality and reliability
- Stay updated with the latest developments in the web development, blockchain and Web3 space
- Evaluate new technologies, frameworks, and tools to enhance the development process
- Monitor and optimise application performance to ensure a seamless user experience
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- Conduct performance evaluations and provide constructive feedback to team members
- Recruit and onboard new talent to strengthen the development team
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to define project requirements and timelines
- Ensure effective communication and coordination between teams
- Promote the adoption of industry best practices and development methodologies within the team
- Excellent Communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational skills required; must be able to handle multiple projects
- Ability to be a self motivated, team player. Comfortable with following directions and receiving feedback as required.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team, fostering a positive work environment
- Strong decision-making skills to address complex technical challenges
- Passion for blockchain technology and Web3 principles
- Track record in delivering successful web development projects on time and within budget
- Proficiency in project management tools and agile methodologies
- Positive attitude and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and non-technical stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic industry
- Willingness to adapt to emerging technologies and market trends
- Deep understanding of React, and how it works under the hood
- A strong understanding of Typescript
- Experience with React frameworks such as NextJS or Gatsby
- Experience with static site generation and server side rendering
- Experience with cloud technologies for web applications (e.g. Vercel, AWS, GCP, Netlify etc)
- Experience writing serverless technologies / architectures
- Experience with headless CMS’s and GraphQL API’s
- Experience with server side NodeJS (such as Express, Koa, Hapi etc)
- Experience writing and maintaining unit / integration tests within a react environment
- Strong UI development skills creating responsive, performant, cross browser components that are true to the designers mockups
- Familiar with modern web accessibility standards and best practices
- Comfortable contributing to critical decision making around architecture, tooling and addressing technical debt
- A passion for keeping up with modern web technologies and experience continuously evolving a tech stack.
- Understanding of GDPR and relevant technical considerations
Preferred technical competencies
- Experience working with and building applications using large language models like GPT.
- Understanding of vectorisation, embedding & retrieval strategies
- Experience writing smart contracts and building decentralized applications
- Experience with animation libraries like Framer motion
- Experience with WebGL
- Familiar with webpack, Babel and other tooling
- Interest and experience in AI
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 7+ years in Web Development or similar roles as Web Developer.
- Experience building and leading remote technical teams.
- Blockchain certifications related to development and security will be advantageous
- Passion for blockchain technology and its potential impact on society
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.