Our client is a Top Business School in West Africa
Purpose of Position:
To plan and execute a comprehensive career development programme with the objective of placing full-time MBA students in reputable companies for internships in the first year and jobs in the second year. To plan and execute a comprehensive career development programme for Modular MBA, Executive MBA, and Modular Executive MBA programmes with a focus on leadership and entrepreneurial development. To develop and implement a career coaching programme for Executive MBA and Modular Executive MBA programmes. These programmes should reflect the mission of the Careers Office relating to a strong connection to industry across Africa.
KEY JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Design and execution of a comprehensive career development programme
- Initiate and maintain recruiting relationships with employers for jobs and internship opportunities o Develop relationships with organisations across Africa
- Organise the MBA Career Fair. Provide interested organisations with information about the internship programme o Organise company presentations
- Organise Entrepreneurship Expo & Contest o Gather information on best practices on the organisation and processes of career offices in leading business schools for benchmarking purposes.
- Assist students in preparing their curriculum vitae. Advise students on careers and how to conduct their job search.
- Guide companies on how they should approach the recruitment process in relation to our students.
- Maintain relationships with HR and employer bodies for placement opportunities
- Provide sufficient information to students to make informed decision. Make students aware of how their courses integrate with the work placement.
- Oversee the recruitment process including interviews of students by potential employers.
- Obtain offers of places for internships from suitable organisations.
- Allocation of faculty supervisors to students for project work.
- Liaise with the different companies ensuring they comply to undertakings in relation to internships and help to solve the problems that may arise. Process feedback from participating firms for process improvement
- Promote career services and placement opportunities through various channels, including social media, newsletters, and presentations.
- Carry out research on the labour market, Alumni careers, and other career related research projects.
- Provide students with information about the structural and current characteristics of the employment market in Nigeria.
- Plan and oversee the execution of Student-led Activities (SLA) programme
- Prepare yearly employment report o Any other duty to be assigned from time to time by the line manager
- At least second class, upper division (2.1) in any discipline
- Member – Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPMN)
- An MBA is an added advantage
At least 6 years in administrative/HR function. Experience in service marketing, PR, business development or Recruitment consultancy will be an advantage.