Job title: Health and Safety Officer Job at Menzon Nigeria Limited
Job description: Menzon Nigeria Limited is a professional Outsourcing Company with specialization in Human Capital Sourcing, Selection, Placement, Management, and Training. Our key focus emphasizes the engagement of Professionalism in Human Capital Need analysis, Planning, Sourcing, Placement, Management, and disengagement/exit with full compliance to GLOBAL STANDARDS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Conduct operational risk assessments and design risk mitigation measures.
- Develop all the required documentation, operational checks, and reports for HSE.
- Follow up to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensure that any certification requirements are complied with, and Audit work is being performed with a Safe Work Permit.
- Assist with the implementation of Job Safety Analysis and inspect job site activities during particularly difficult or hazardous work situations.
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses.
- Monitor QHSE controllers in executing continuous audits and coordinate their audit schedule.
- Provide QHSE improvement proposals stating: the non-conformance, proposed corrective action(s), required resources for corrective action, and plan of implementation.
- Review and analyze accidents and near-miss incidents and make corrective action recommendations.
- Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency. Maintain records of such drills, and provide recommendations for emergency response improvements.
- Supervise the regular inspection of firefighting, safety, and emergency response equipment.
- Supervise on-site doctors and medical emergency response preparation and Implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as HSE Officer.
- Professional membership: NEBOSH or IOSH qualification preferred.
- Verifiable HSE Certifications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as attachments to: using “Application for the Post of Senior Geotechnical Engineer” as the subject of the email.