Job title: Inventory / Warehouse Assistant Job at Eden Life Inc
Job description: Eden Life Inc is a tech-enabled service that puts your home’s chores on autopilot. At Eden, our mission is to 10x the quality of life in Africa by automating chores so they never have to bother about them again. To do this, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization. You are welcome at Eden for who you are, no matter where you come from or what you look like. Our services are for everyone, and so is our workplace.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
About the Job
- As a Junior production assistant stationed at the Inventory Unit, you will ensure that our chefs get the best quality produce that they need from storage, verify requests, secure inventory, track produce usage, and ensure we maintain the right stock levels for all our produce on a daily basis.
- This role also ensures that the food storage facilities is clean and meets all quality standards.
- If you are the type of person who feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, has a strong sense of ownership, is an executor, insists on maintaining processes, builds trust, and works for the success of the entire team – then we look forward to meeting you!
- Sort, organise and store received inventories.
- Responsible for issuing out inventories requested for daily production to production units.
- Ensure pantries and work areas are organised orderly at all times
- Responsible for conducting daily inventory count to verify system inventory against physical inventory
- Monitor inventory level to aid restocking and report any damage or missing inventory immediately to the manager.
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security (ensure that stock such as consumables and non-consumables are store safely)
- Review and identify redundant/disposable inventory and share list with inventory manager
- Ensure proper pantry categorisation and lay-out to prompt quick retrieval of inventories & maximise efficiency.
- Assist the inventory associate in preparing top-up procurement list.
- Strictly adhere to receiving processes and procedures and comply with the company’s quality assurance principle and regulations on product handling.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by inventory manager.
- Possess at least a Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE)
- Excellent organisational skills & a high level of integrity.
- Proven experience assisting in kitchens is a plus; must demonstrate good knowledge of the job description and what is required.
- Good basic knowledge of food health and safety standards and practices.
- Effective communication skills (timely and proactive).
- Must be great at time management, to ensure tasks are concluded within the expected timeframe.
- High attention to detail & good with numbers.
- Location: preferably, candidates must live around Yaba, Kosofe, Ilupeju, Surulere, Ikeja, Ojota and its environs.
- 3,500 naira per shift (Work Shift is 3-5 days per week which can fall on any day, including weekends)
- Opportunity to grow with the company, and to be upgraded into more permanent positions.