Job title: IT/Security Risk Analyst
Job description: CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. The company operates the world’s largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by transaction volume with over 4,500 kiosks across 49 US states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Australia supporting the buying and selling of major cryptocurrencies with cash. In 2020, CoinFlip launched Order Desk, an over-the-counter service that provides investors with a personal account manager and competitive coin pricing. In 2023, CoinFlip launched a digital platform called : the easiest way to buy, sell, send, swap, and receive crypto.
CoinFlip was founded in 2015 by Daniel Polotsky, Kris Dayrit, Alan Gurevich, and Ben Weiss. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip placed in the top 100 on the 2021 and 2022 Inc. 5000 list, and on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, was named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s and was awarded the 2021 and 2022 Stevie ® Awards for Customer Service. For more information about CoinFlip, please visit .
IT/Security Risk Analyst conducts threat analysis to identify threats and cyber security risks to a company’s information systems. They develop their company’s cyber security defense strategy and safety protocols and implement firewalls, security software, data encryption, and other security measures.
- Perform third party security reviews as part of the risk management program and serve as a cyber risk subject matter expert for third parties
- Conduct periodic cyber security training to new staff as well and ensuring content stays relevant and up to date
- Assist in performing control testing on periodic basis and ensuring status of controls is maintained in GRC platform
- Research the latest risk trends in IT / Cybersecurity and recommend enhancements to the risk management program
- Assist in policy / standard training and awareness campaigns throughout the year. In addition, primarily responsible for providing input into key technology and security policies and standard
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Security and Risk Management, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related major or commensurate experience
- 3-5+ years of security risk management and controls experience
- Experience in testing the design and effectiveness of controls and providing recommendations to the business for remediation
- Working knowledge of security frameworks and regulations (e.g, NIST, PCI, SOC2, GLBA)
- Familiarity with cloud technology and platforms (e.g., AWS)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Experience in a start-up is a plus
Nice To Have:
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
- Knowledge of cyber risk quantification methodologies
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” – we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying “STOP” to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply “HELP.” Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.