Job title: Language and Compiler Engineer (Remote)
Job description: Nillion is a web3 infrastructure project based on a novel cryptographic innovation called (see presentation at ). The new technology enables decentralized data storage and computation.
As reported by TechCrunch, Nillion in the midst of the bear market of 2022 – the highest valuation for a Seed Round reported in Q4-2022. The project has attracted some of the top talent in tech, including the (Conrad Whelan), (Slava Rubin), (Lindsay Danas Cohen), (Andrew Masanto) and . The project has also won several industry awards, including the (see CoinList Tweet ) and Polygon Co-Founder’s .
Nillion is bringing to life fast, permissionless, decentralized secure storage and private computation that fundamentally improves the way that data is processed, analyzed and shared. The protocol is looking for talented engineers to join its team in building that vision. As a Language and Compiler Engineer at Nillion you will have a chance to influence the core design decisions of the compiler architecture by architecting, designing, building, testing and deploying code related to the Nillion Nada Language. As a senior member of the team, you will have opportunities to mentor and onboard junior colleagues, create and enhance our software development processes, interact with external and internal customers to understand their requirements, and work with teams that want to leverage the compiler technology in other products. The goal is to get the Nillion Network to a dynamic permissionless state and break new ground in decentralized technology. The Nillion Nada language is one way in which the team will enable this. This role will be hands on engineering as we are bringing to life a new security, storage and computation model for private data across a decentralized publicly accessible network, meaning expertise across all areas of computer science will be needed to make it happen. Nillion is a remote-first organization primarily focused on European and US East Coast time zones. Some travel may be required.
- Degree in Computer Science
- Experience in algorithmic fundamentals (strong data structure intuition, graph operations)
- 5+ years of programming experience with multiple modern languages such as Java, C++, C#, Go or Rust
- Experience with designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining compilers for various languages and platforms.
- Experience with assembly language for different processors (e.g., x86 and ARM)
- Exposure to compiler development, IR design, type systems, program analysis and compiler optimisations
- Solution focused – Traditional compilers serve as models and inspiration, but we’re always experimenting and developing our own solutions.
We offer the following perks as part of employment with Nillion:
- Flexible working hours to accommodate lifestyles and a globally distributed team
- Competitive Salary and Token Compensation; acquire Nil tokens as part of your bonus
- Make a big impact as a early contributor to an incredible founding team
- Work on new problems in an incredible emerging and dynamic field
- Learn from systems engineering, cryptography, and finance domain experts in a mentorship-oriented work culture
- You don’t need to be in an office or at a desk to have an impact anymore! We are fully remote, but value regular meet-ups.
In summary, if you are interested in web3 infrastructure, innovation, new technology, and are interested in working with a high-caliber team, please apply. Nillion is committed to shaping a better world in all that they do. Their global team is built based on respect, inclusivity, diversity and excellence.
For more information on either the technology or company, there are several lectures at leading universities about the project such as , , , Columbia, and MIT. You can also visit Nillion’s early website at .