Block is one company built from many blocks, all united by the same purpose of economic empowerment. The blocks that form our foundational teams — People, Finance, Counsel, Hardware, Information Security, Platform Infrastructure Engineering, and more — provide support and guidance at the corporate level. They work across business groups and around the globe, spanning time zones and disciplines to develop inclusive People policies, forecast finances, give legal counsel, safeguard systems, nurture new initiatives, and more. Every challenge creates possibilities, and we need different perspectives to see them all. Bring yours to Block.
Block is looking for a Tax Information Reporting Manager to join our growing tax team. To support our growth in tax information reporting, we are looking for someone who is adept and dedicated to Block’s overall compliance. You will be proficient in the U.S. tax information reporting rules – particularly those under IRC Sections 6050W, 6041, 6050P, 1441 and 3406. You’ll work with various teams across the company, such as product, support, accounting, legal, and compliance. You have a passion for ensuring tax compliance needs are met and enjoy resolving tax reporting problems for our customers!
- Support the annual information reporting compliance process, including data gathering, file preparation, and timely distribution of various forms (e.g., 1099-B, 1099-C, 1099-INT, 1099-K, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-OID, and 1042-S).
- Assist in ensuring compliance with annual information reporting filings, encompassing Forms 945, 1042, and 8966.
- Contribute to international reporting regimes (e.g., PSPs, DACs/CRS, CESOP) to maintain compliance.
- Participate in the development and implementation of best practices within the cryptocurrency/digital assets reporting field.
- Conduct detailed reviews of reporting data to identify and rectify apparent errors.
- Ensure timely postmarking and distribution of mailed tax forms.
- Collaborate in establishing top-tier standard operating procedures (SOPs) for handling new data streams, filers, reporting regimes, and compliance procedures.
- Oversee and monitor compliance events (e.g., B Notice, C Notice, 972CG).
- Provide prompt responses to customer support inquiries regarding tax information reporting and guide cross-functional teams toward effective resolution.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Customer Engagement, Account Management, Sales, Communications, and support teams for consistent customer communication and campaign coordination aimed at updating accurate tax information.
- Identify and analyze tax reporting issue trends, presenting proactive solutions to address customer pain points effectively.
- Champion customer interests by identifying issue trends and recommending process, policy, and product enhancements.
- Maintain the accuracy of customer data in OneSource and oversee its proper management.
- Support ad hoc requests and projects as required.
- 7-10 years of direct experience in tax informational reporting.
- Exceptional attention to detail, including the ability to analyze detailed data to construct accurate tax profiles and identify discrepancies.
- A passion for data integrity and the flexibility to handle additional responsibilities when needed.
- Proficient in time management, with the capability to prioritize multiple concurrent tasks while maintaining the highest level of precision and quality.
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. tax regulations and associated information reporting risks. Experience with cross-border payment tax reporting is highly advantageous.
- Knowledge of FATCA and international tax information reporting regimes.
- Empathy for the challenges faced by small businesses and a desire to enhance the customer experience.
- Proficiency in Excel (can perform complex functions).
- Tax audit experience, especially in the realm of Information Reporting.
- Background in FinTech, financial services, or cryptocurrency (e.g., banking, brokerage, exchange, payment processing).
- Interest and expertise in data integrity, data mining, data cleansing, sorting, searching, and formatting for tax reporting purposes.
- Familiarity with Thomson Reuters OneSource Tax Information Reporting system.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 – USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $155,600 – USD $190,200
Zone C: USD $147,200 – USD $180,000
Zone D: USD $138,900 – USD $169,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this . If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Full-time employee benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage (Medical, Vision and Dental insurance)
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off (including 12 paid holidays)
- Paid sick leave (1 hour per 26 hours worked (max 80 hours per calendar year to the extent legally permissible) for non-exempt employees and covered by our Flexible Time Off policy for exempt employees)
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D, and disability benefits
- Additional Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
These benefits are further detailed in Block’s policies. This role is also eligible to participate in Block’s equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
US and Canada EEOC Statement
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our .
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.