Job title: Managing Director Job at Maestro Microfinance Bank
Job description: Maestro Microfinance Bank is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria to carry on the business of providing financial services such as savings and deposits, loans, domestic funds transfer and non-financial services to microfinance clients in Abuja and environs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Scope of the Role
- The Managing Director shall be responsible for giving strategic guidance and direction to the board to ensure that the Company achieves its financial vision, mission, and long-term goals.
- The role involves a combination of leadership, strategic planning, financial management, regulatory compliance, and stakeholder engagement.
- Setting the overall strategic direction of the company alongside the board.
- Devising a 5-year plan and working with other board members to oversee its implementation.
- Working closely with the Sales team on sales strategy and approach to winning new business.
- Plans and implements the long-term business strategy of the bank to achieve its overall objectives.
- Carrying out regular business analysis to engage industry and market changes.
- Setting company wide KPIs to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the company attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Maintaining a dialogue between shareholders and the Board.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services, and image of the bank in the wider community.
- Develop and manage a team of well-trained, focused, and motivated Banking Services staff.
- Manage centralized loan processing and account opening functions to ensure efficiency, quality, and control.
- Define and implement new policies and procedures for Banking Services in support of product development/refinement or upon introduction of new technologies and delivery channels.
- Setting of budgets and forecasts alongside the finance department.
- Introduce and implement effective systems, policies, structures, and resources to support the growth of the Bank and ensure adherence to the same.
- Serve as the Operations Lead for the Microfinance core banking system implementation, aligning system configuration with operational processes and policies.
- Analyze operational risks, procedures, workflow, and controls on an ongoing basis for continual improvement of operational systems.
- Safeguard customer data and protect against fraud through management of authorization levels and access rights.
- Analyze operational risks, procedures, workflow and controls on an ongoing basis for continual improvement of operational systems.
- Develop and maintain sufficient business continuity plans to ensure service delivery in the event of minor to major incidences & and escalation of service exceptions as needed.
- Reporting results to the shareholders on a quarterly and annual basis.
Technical Knowledge / Minimum Requirements
- A minimum of First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline (additional qualification in any business-related discipline would be an advantage)
- A minimum of 8 years of post-graduation experience out of which, at least, 5 must have been in financial services industry and at least, 3 at the senior management level
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Bankers Nigeria.
- A proven record of success at the senior management level, preferably in the microfinance banking industry.
- Evidence that the candidate possesses proven skills and competencies in practical microfinance banking and has undergone the Microfinance Certification Programme and obtained a Certificate in Microfinance Banking issued by the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
- A wide knowledge of the microfinance banking industry.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of statutory requirements.
- A very high level of commercial awareness.
- Excellent Leadership skills, communication skills and organizational skills.