Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple Payments connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
The Payments Product Marketing team’s mission is to discover, develop, and deliver crypto solutions for money movement. We’re looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Market Expansion Lead to launch and grow Ripple Payments in international markets. You will drive strategy, go-to-market and growth, with close partnership with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Policy, Business Development, and Integrated Marketing teams.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading go-to-market for a disruptive technology, ideally in Payments, Financial Services or Blockchain/Cryptocurrency, with deep expertise in international regions where Ripple operates.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Generate deep market insights across the key regions Ripple operates in globally. Develop sophisticated research and analysis on market prioritization and opportunity sizing to create data-driven business cases for market launch decisions across countries & regions.
- Lead market launches to grow Ripple’s payments offering globally
- Drive customer, payment volume, and network growth in each market post-launch
- Reduce the cycle time for onboarding customers in new markets and increase speed-to-market for new product & feature launches
- Drive account-level retention and share-of-business
- Recommend strategies to build out Ripple’s network. Influence product strategy decisions that align with Ripple’s multi-year product strategy by partnering closely with product and product marketing leaders, as well as cross-functional teams around the world
- Effectively present and communicate actionable insights and recommendations to executives, product and business leaders in order to influence product strategy and market expansion decisions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Sales & Customer Success, Revenue Operations, User Research, Business Development, and Corporate Strategy to build insights and recommendation
- Partner with Finance, Legal, Privacy, and Communications teams to ensure business cases and recommendations are robust
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 8+ years of experience in payments, financial services in strategy, product, business operations, or partnerships roles
- 2 years of experience leading strategy projects at a consulting firm, investment bank, or in a corporate strategy team
- Experience in analytics and modeling, including advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint (or equivalent), and basic/moderate knowledge of SQL (or aptitude to learn quickly)
- Demonstrated experience structuring and solving product problem
- Demonstrated experience of presenting to leadership and influencing product decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, analytics, engineering, or other related quantitative discipline from an institution
- Experience in a fast paced start-up environment is a big plus.
- A strong interest, curiosity and experience in digital assets / crypto markets.
- Nice to have: APAC / MENA experience