Who We Are
Chapter & Verse is a new division of Horizon Media, focused on the Metaverse & Web3. Our goal is to educate, enrich, and empower brands around topics including NFTs, avatars, blockchain and other areas to ideate, execute and iterate within these emerging arenas to delight consumers and drive business goals.
We are part of Horizon Media, founded in 1989 by Bill Koenigsberg, is recognized as one of the most innovative marketing and advertising firms. We are headquartered in New York City, with offices in Los Angeles and Toronto. A leader in driving business solutions for marketers, Horizon is known for its highly personal approach to client service.
At Chapter & Verse, we understand the value of different perspectives and the power of culture and creativity. We want to fill our sandbox with thinkers, builders and leaders to drive impact for our teams and clients.
If joining a nascent team, where your contribution is visible and valued, then read on!
What You’ll Do
Marketing Assistants are solutions-driven team members with a focus on maintaining and cultivating healthy, productive relationships, learning and building strong communication skills and project management.
The Marketing Assistant helps across assignments, while developing relationships and communicating across all internal teams. The Marketing Assistant also helps in the research, project management, and ideation of concepts for teams and clients.
As part of the role, the Marketing Assistant helps develop and maintain project plans inclusive of deliverables, tasks, dependencies, staff resourcing and agency process to move the Agency and Client teams towards completion of project deliverables under the direction of senior team members. These plans could include various administrative activities, such as building project schedules, coordinating with different teams to ensure projects are completed on time, that all stakeholders have reviewed and approved in a timely manner, and help enforce process during execution.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Surface relevant information related to the subject area and opportunity, ranging from Crypto to Spatial AR (and more)
- Understand assigned campaign objectives, targeting, and support material nuances, including differences in segment treatments, branding, etc. to ensure all deliverables align with the brand’s guidelines and strategy
- Participate in brainstorms and generation of ideas for teams and clients
- Create drafts of documents, e.g. timelines, marketing collateral, etc.
- Project Management
- Assist with team events, 3rd party partner management and/or other needs
- Play a role in the marketing plans and activities
- Collaborate with Account and Production leads to plan out and implement efficient ways of working, as well as proactively develop new ways of working as needed
- Assist with campaign assets and trafficking of all materials, including art files and building/reviewing specs for accuracy
- Coordinate and manage internal and external meetings, to ensure timely check ins, presentations, approvals, etc. required to ensure on time delivery of program execution
Who You Are
- Self-starter who is able to listen and think on their feet
- Effective organizational & multi-tasking skills with proven ability to support multiple campaigns/initiatives for multiple stakeholders while effectively managing conflicting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, written & verbal
- Ability to work with all levels of management (client and internal), teams and vendors
- An advocate and supporter of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0-1 year of experience in media agency and/or related vendor or startup environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Teams, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Drive equivalents
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
There are no requirements for certificates, licenses and registrations.
Physical Activity and Work Environment
There are no requirements for physical activity and work environment.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Horizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Salary Range $40,000.00 – $50,000.00
A successful applicant’s actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure/certifications, and equity. As an organization, we take an aptitude and competency-based hiring approach. We provide a competitive total rewards package including a discretionary bonus and a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off (PTO), mental health and wellness resources, pet insurance, childcare resources, identity theft insurance, fertility assistance programs, and fitness reimbursement.