Job title: Mobile QA Engineer
Job description: Are you passionate about building high-quality, delightful mobile apps? We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Frontend QA Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of our frontend applications and interfaces by designing and implementing testing procedures. This person will have a unique opportunity to build the entire mobile test automation suite from the ground up – convince the leadership on which mobile QA automation testing framework to leverage! The role will report to the Software Development Lead (Mobile) as part of an agile and dynamic team on the Caden mobile application to own testing of new features and improve existing ones. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of mobile technologies and testing methodologies, and be able to work closely with the development team to identify and resolve issues.
Caden’s mission is to create an equitable and fair data economy online by giving users ownership of their personal data, the ability to securely control it, and various ways to put it to work to create value with brands they trust, while always preserving their privacy. We’re a real web3 company, focused on semantics, ownership, control, and user reward, leveraging the blockchain in useful ways.
We’re led by industry veterans, backed by powerhouse investors, and crewed by the brightest minds in the game. We exist to make the internet a better place for all.
- Collaborate with developers and product managers to identify and document issues, understand functional and non-functional requirements and ensure proper test coverage.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases for functional, integration, regression, and usability testing for our mobile app on across iOS platform as a combination of manual and automated tests
- Identify, report, and track defects and issues in a timely and efficient manner to ensure quick resolution, working closely with the development team
- Track quality assurance metrics like defect densities and open defect counts
- Participate in code reviews to ensure that code meets quality standards
- Work with cross-functional teams in an agile environment to ensure QA is an integrated part of the process in order to deliver timely releases and high-quality app deployments. Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in UI development and testing
- Contribute to the development of testing frameworks and tools
- Participate in the development of technical documentation and training materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience as a mobile / front-end QA engineer working in an agile work environment
- Several years of experience doing manual testing for mobile applications
- Experience with mobile (iOS) testing tools and methodologies, such as Appium, XCTest, XCUITest, Kobiton, as well as traditional tools like Jmeter, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience in documenting, estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating QA activities (ideally using Jira)
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle and agile methodologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and ability to think critically and evaluate results based on customer value
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with application and error monitoring tools such as Sentry, NewRelic, etc. highly desirable
Salary: $90,000 – $110,000 base. Salary may vary based on experience.
We offer a competitive salary, equity, hybrid work arrangements, and opportunities for professional development. If you are a passionate and experienced Frontend QA Engineer with a strong understanding of frontend technologies and testing methodologies, we encourage you to apply.
** There is currently no relocation and/or visa (immigration) assistance provided for this position.
Powered by JazzHR