Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Suitability: Agency Specific
Public Trust/Other Required:
Skills: Analytical Thinking, Data Collections, Intelligence Analysis, Researching
Experience: 10 + years of related experience
US Citizenship Required: No
Ensure the safety and security of our nation as an Intelligence Analyst Senior at GDIT. You’ll apply the latest technology and provide operational support to deliver actionable intelligence to ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As an Intelligence Analyst Senior, you will leverage open source and commercial software tools to review, assess and collect data from a disparate list of open and closed web sources, including but not limited to news publications, blogs, social media platforms, paste sites, government websites, forums, onion sites.
Intelligence Gathering and Assessment
- Analyze data from these various sources and identify investigative opportunities and intelligence to support the many investigative programs to include cybercrime, narcotics, identify theft, dangerous goods, and workplace violence
- Evaluating Internet information from social media, chats, forums, darknet, TOR network, news feeds, internet relay chats and other sources of data openly available on the Internet
- Perform a prioritized assessment of the data to identify the most critical and reliable data to identify, bitcoins, locations, accounts, services, travels, email addresses, IP addresses and other pattern of life data to determine physical attribution of an Internet identity
- Create intelligence and investigative reports which represent the steps taken, the data sources reviewed, and the conclusions drawn from the evaluation of the Internet information
- Experience in using cyber intelligence tools and software tools to actively search and mine the publicly available Internet and the dark net/deep web.
- Advanced understanding of the methods used by criminals to hide themselves on the Internet, how the criminals conduct online business and what are the various marketplaces and forums the cyber- criminals operate within.
- Experience in using technology solutions to actively search, analyze, and prioritize the various marketplaces and criminals to identify high value targets and respond to Requests for Assistance/Information for investigations, responsibilities, and areas of concern.
- Experience in the use of tools, both paid and open source, to conduct blockchain analysis, trace the flow of funds, and complete comprehensive reports with their findings.
- Solid experience with identifying and analyzing Virtual Currency or Cryptocurrency transactions through dark web sources.
Data Analysis and Reporting
- Experience in conducting analyses and research and to report results using tabular, pictorial, or graphical techniques
- Represent analysis and research results using tabular, pictorial, or graphical techniques
- Deliver summary results to various levels of an organization in formats which are easy to understand, showing conclusions and relationships
- Experience in using cyber intelligence tools and software tools to actively search and mine the publicly available Internet and the darknet/deep web
- Understanding of the “dark web” and underground cybercrime ecosystems and possess knowledge of navigating through cryptocurrency exchanges
- Advanced understanding of the methods used by cyber-criminals to hide themselves on the Internet, how the cyber-criminals conduct online business and what are the various marketplaces and forums the cyber-criminals operate within
- Capable to use technology solutions to actively search, analyze, and prioritize the various marketplaces and cyber-criminals to identify high value targets for the USPIS investigators
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Must have a DOD Secret or Top-Secret Clearance.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, cyber or related discipline
- 8 years of related experience supporting intelligence operations pertaining to cybercrimes, cryptocurrency, and dark web
- Experience in such visual tools as Microstrategy, Tableau and/or i2 Analyst Notebook.
- Must have excellent writing
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills and be detail-oriented
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
Travel Required: Less than 10%
Telecommuting Options: Hybrid
Work Location: USA VA Falls Church
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.