Job title: Payment Fraud Analyst
Job description: CoinFlip is a leading fintech company powered by cryptocurrency. The company operates the world’s largest network of cryptocurrency ATMs by transaction volume with over 4,500 kiosks across 49 US states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and Australia supporting the buying and selling of major cryptocurrencies with cash. In 2020, CoinFlip launched Order Desk, an over-the-counter service that provides investors with a personal account manager and competitive coin pricing. In 2023, CoinFlip launched a digital platform called : the easiest way to buy, sell, send, swap, and receive crypto.
CoinFlip was founded in 2015 by Daniel Polotsky, Kris Dayrit, Alan Gurevich, and Ben Weiss. Headquartered in Chicago, CoinFlip placed in the top 100 on the 2021 and 2022 Inc. 5000 list, and on the 2022 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, was named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s and was awarded the 2021 and 2022 Stevie ® Awards for Customer Service. For more information about CoinFlip, please visit .
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Payment Fraud Analyst to join our Payment Ops Team within our Customer Experience group. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating and resolving credit/debit card payment fraud cases, disputes, and cryptocurrency-related transactions. Your expertise in payment processors and credit/debit card fraud prevention will play a crucial role in safeguarding our customers and maintaining the integrity of our tokenized ecosystem.
- Investigate and analyze credit/debit card fraud cases, disputes, and cryptocurrency-related transactions to identify potential fraudulent activities.
- Review transaction data, customer profiles, and relevant information to determine the legitimacy of transactions and identify patterns or anomalies that may indicate fraud.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Customer Support, Compliance, Legal, Product, and Payment Vendors to gather information, exchange insights, and coordinate efforts in fraud detection and resolution.
- Work closely with payment processors and vendors to understand their fraud prevention tools and implement necessary measures to mitigate risks.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis using internal and external data sources to identify emerging fraud trends, new fraud techniques, and potential vulnerabilities in payment systems.
- Make informed decisions regarding the approval or rejection of transactions based on your analysis and established fraud prevention policies and procedures.
- Initiate chargebacks and facilitate the resolution of customer disputes by providing clear and comprehensive documentation to support the decision-making process.
- Collaborate with Compliance and Legal teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements related to payment fraud prevention and customer dispute resolution.
- Provide recommendations for enhancing fraud prevention strategies, updating policies, and improving customer experiences related to payment processes.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in payment fraud prevention and mitigation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience with a minimum of 2-4 years as a Payment Fraud Analyst or similar role, specifically focused on credit/debit card fraud prevention and investigation.
- In-depth knowledge of payment processors, credit/debit card fraud prevention tools, and industry best practices.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency transactions and associated fraud risks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to investigate and analyze complex fraud cases and payment data.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to identify patterns and anomalies.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills to effectively work with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and compliance requirements in the payment industry.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using fraud detection and prevention tools, as well as data analysis software.
- Professional certifications in fraud prevention, such as Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), are preferred but not required.
Nice To Have:
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
Working at CoinFlip means collaborating with experienced and innovative leaders who share a clear vision and a track record of success. We offer a collaborative and positive working environment where we encourage employees to balance productivity with time to recharge. Compensation is above and beyond a typical “startup” – we offer competitive salaries, performance-based incentives, and competitive benefits for full-time employees.
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying “STOP” to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply “HELP.” Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.