As a Product Manager at IOG, you lead and manage one or several products from end to end, from inception through to implementation and release. You report to the Product Director with regular milestone updates and work closely to create and execute the strategy for your product, but be highly autonomous with your own product stream and be expected to lead the requirements and direction for your product.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to build vision and roadmap for your product.
- Establish and maintain roadmaps for company products based on market research and collaboration with internal and external groups and stakeholders
- Work with customers and partners to ensure that their needs are addressed in the roadmap and that they are kept apprised of new releases and updates
- Work with prospects to define new products and quantify opportunity size
- Work with marketing, design and communications to understand industry and community needs in order to develop a product roadmap.
- Collaborate with marketing and communications teams to explain how changes will impact the user community and support development of collateral and communications to the wider market
- Work with business development on evaluating inclusion into roadmap, planning and scheduling
- Work with operations to gain awareness of potential defects and prioritizing their resolution in the product release plan and roadmap
- Work with Program Management & Engineering to ensure that features are delivered in the right sequence and meet business expectations in terms of quality, function and schedule.
- Define priorities for product development and work closely with internal stakeholders, engineers and testing teams to ensure what is delivered meets business expectations in terms of function and quality.
- Engage and contribute to Open Source Software communities.
- Work with other Product Managers on product roadmap integration points
- Report to and be guided by the product director but be autonomous and take responsibility for your own product.
- Have a keen understanding of new developments / trends in the product landscape to drive product excellence.
- Remain current with developments and advances in blockchain, smart contracts and cryptocurrency technology and business trends.
- Stay abreast with activities of competitors from a technical and business perspective.
- Provide technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Write content including blogs, presentations and technical documentation in support of business functions including marketing and business development.
- Drive product end to end from initial concept to launch, through to implementation.
- Write blog posts and technical documentation at product level.
- Have strong leadership skills, be resourceful and use initiative
- Demonstrate competency with requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice.
- Develop productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and manage user expectations effectively.
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to drive innovation in product development with a team of world-class engineers and Scientists.
- Have exemplary people and communications skills coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients.
- Have a keen interest in Blockchain and Cryptocurrency technology developments and trends in the product landscape.
- Engage, champion and contribute to Open Source Software communities.
- Keep up to date with the status of competitors from a technical and business perspective.
Education / Experience
- A BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Product Management certification is a plus (CPM, AIPMM)
- Experience as a Product Manager or Associate Product Manager
- A background in distributed computing and experience with blockchain technologies.
- At least 1 year of business experience of blockchain or cryptocurrency technology.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and leading highly technical product teams.
- Experience implementing processes to define metrics and measure the success of products that are launched.
- Experience working with software development and marketing teams
- Experience leading highly technical engineering, design and business teams.
- Proven ability in developing productive relationships with a variety of levels and roles and managing user expectations effectively.
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland the UK or Poland.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.