We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Mastercard has been rapidly expanding its wide range of payment solutions by increasing worldwide connectivity in both the account-to-account and digital asset space, enhancing compliance capabilities and offering more robust foreign exchange tools and cryptocurrency-related solutions.
Mastercard is seeking an experienced regulatory compliance professional to join our Global Regulatory team to support the regulatory compliance program for the organization’s U.S. focused money transmission and cryptocurrency related products. This position will report to the Director, Regulatory Compliance and be based in New York.
The ideal candidate is a compliance champion with experience in supporting compliance management programs and has a background in cryptocurrency, payments and financial technology compliance in the United States.
The Manager, Regulatory Compliance will assist with executing the regulatory compliance strategy for our US money transmitter business and cryptocurrency related initiatives to ensure compliance with virtual currency, money transmission and payment services regulations, primarily in United States.
In this role you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise with respect to US operational requirements, policies, and procedures to comply with applicable regulatory obligations.
- Conduct compliance monitoring and testing with respect to money transmission and/or virtual currency regulation.
- Support ongoing supervision including regulatory examinations and ensuring the business meets all regulatory reporting obligations.
- Serve as a point of contact for regulatory inquiries related to activities in US.
- Monitor and track regulatory and supervisory developments and coordinate with internal partners to address new requirements.
- Maintain strong industry knowledge of US regulations, changes, trends and impacts to the business.
All About You
- Prior experience developing and managing regulatory compliance programs for large money transmitter, cryptocurrency company or other regulated financial institution.
- Knowledge of money transmitter and/or payment services regulations and license requirements in the US is required. Knowledge of and experience with virtual currency regulations and license requirements preferred.
- Proven success in navigating a multi-national organization and operating effectively within a diverse multicultural organization.
- Experience with engaging with and preparing material for regulators.
- Detail oriented, organized, self-starter/motivated to work independently and as an effective team member.
- Must demonstrate a proactive, time sensitive, results driven approach in carrying out all duties, obligations and responsibilities.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
New York City, New York: $120,000 – $186,000 USD
Purchase, New York: $115,000 – $178,000 USD