Job title: Risk Management Officer Job at DEDA Hospital
Job description: DEDA Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DeDa hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DeDa hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide support in the implementation of the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework, Risk Appetite Framework etc.
- Reviewing the above and other relevant Frameworks as at when required and developing new risk frameworks to address emerging risk issues.
- Set risk exposure limits in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide risk advisory services to various departments in the effective management of risks arising from the Company’s policies, activities and initiatives.
- Monitoring of appropriate risk indicators and triggers for the Company
- Participates in the identification, assessment, treatment, monitoring and reporting of risks across the Company.
- Participation in the periodic review of the Company’s Investment Policy, Assets and Liability Management Policy (ALM) in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Conducts periodic (quarterly and semi-annually) stress test on various risk metrics and indicator and recommend appropriate measures to mitigate the observed vulnerabilities.
- Engagement of various stakeholders to set and communicate appropriate risk appetites/ tolerances.
- Oversees the management and reporting of risk events on the Company’s counterparties.
- Provide support in Developing risk models.
- Monitor the media for negative mentions of the Company.
Operational Risk Assessment:
- Identification and independent monitoring of enterprise-wide view of known and emerging risks in the
- Work with risk owners and all stakeholders in the development and update of the risk register
- Work with relevant stakeholders in the implementation of the ISO certification.
- Work with departments in developing Control Risk Self-Assessment (CRSA) and development Key Risk
- Indicators (KRIs) for all departments and monitoring of the set KRIs.
- Implementation of Business Continuity Plan (BCP); including coordinate the regular BCP test and follow-up on the remediation of the observed gaps.
- Analysis of incidence reports and proposing mitigants for the identified risks
- Formulates and periodically reviews the asset liability management (ALM) policies, liquidity policies and guidelines for the Company.
- Updates the Company’s Capital Management and Stress Testing framework.
- Prepares monthly reports on currency and interest rate risks, as well as quarterly reports on financial projections, liquidity risk and debt allocation
- Review of new ledgers created and closure of ledger that are no longer required.
- Review all internal policies and ensures the processes are well captured in the SOPs of departments and operationalised.
- Identify deviations to internal policies and procedures promptly, escalate on a timely manner and follow up on remediation.
- Call over processed transactions and validate for authenticity and authorization.
- Effective Internal Control
- Review effectiveness of Internal policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) management.
- Facilitate stock review and monitoring.
- General ledger review including creation of users on the system.
- Prepare Bank reconciliation statement for all Banks on a monthly basis and follow-up on all outstanding issues.
- Monitor compliance with CBN regulation and other regulations relevant to the Company’s operations.