Job title: Senior Accountant Job at Intersect Consortium
Job description: Intersect Consortium is a group of Organization primarily working in the Mental Health and Addiction space. Our Members understand the growing need for Mental Health Services and Products in Africa and continually work to provide Awareness, Education, Treatment and Support to Individuals, Companies, Families and society at large
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy.
- Provide managerial and oversight for all accounting functions
- Provide accurate, timely periodic financial statements of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy Services to management
- Oversight include monitoring purchases compared to the budget, accounts payable, general ledger, payroll, and capital expenditures/equipment.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Evaluate performance and professional development of staff.
- Assist in the management of the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy
- Provide direction to all accounting staff under your supervision.
- Provide oversight of assets and finances of Synapse Services, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy
- Manages overall responsibility for accounting related information from Synapse Service, Reconnect HDI and Psych Pharmacy
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role e.g. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
- Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns.
- Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
- Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries.
- Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
- Supervises end-of-period processes and supports the analysis of the periodical business performance, budgets, and forecasts.
- Management and coordination of activities relating to Vendors/Procurement.
- Responsible for timely monthly, separate and consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to management
- Overseeing the Maintenance and reconciliation of Goods Receipts/ Invoice Receipt Account.
- Create and enhance financial policies and procedures across the accounting department as well as the wider Finance department.
- Ensures consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department and that these policies are appropriately set for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Leads compliance with the business’s internal corporate framework policies and finance manuals.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentations.
- Monthly evaluating of Unapplied Advance Payment to determine the risk level.
- Monitors expenditures, analyze revenues and determine budget variances
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Develops reports on all accounting related matters inclusive of taxation matters. These reports accompany pro-active advice and recommendations on the business’s financial approaches from an accounting and taxation perspective.
- Formulate and oversee the implementation of the company’s accounting policies
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the company’s records (e.g. Clients, Suppliers, Banks, Employees, Management, Government and its relevant agencies etc.)