We are looking for a Senior Blockchain (Smart Contracts) Engineer to join the Smart Contracts team. The Smart Contracts team is responsible for designing, building, maintaining, and optimizing all blockchain smart-contracts necessary to cater for the varying use cases delivered on the Zone network. As a Senior Software Engineer (Smart Contracts), you are expected to work with a team of brilliant developers to take up the responsibility for tasks/projects and deliver with the highest quality, reliable and scalable code in the shortest possible time consistently.
- Support the design and development of upgradeable smart contracts (such as ERC 20 & possibly ERC 1404) to support upgrades.
- Work with the team to produce scalable and functional applications that meet specifications.
- Perform code reviews, inspecting code quality and assuring process adherence.
- Analyze and contribute to user stories by discussing them with the product owner.
- Provide support and maintain the optimal functioning of the blockchain payment smart contract and related services.
- Training & providing guidance to junior developers and new hires on company frameworks.
- Actively participate in scrum processes with team members.
We would love to meet you if:
- You want to build something that endures. The legacy of the work you do matters to you.
- You have a deep expertise in using Solidity and DApp development in developing smart contracts and interacting with any Ethereum or any EVMbased blockchain platform.
- You have a good knowledge of blockchain development languages and frameworks such as Vyper, Anchor, Hardhat, Truffle, dapptools, ethers.js ,web3.js.
- You have an extensive knowledge of agile software development i.e., SCRUM methodology.
- You have a good knowledge of implementing secure storage and signing of custodial wallets.
- You have a good understanding of Blockchain technology, crypto currencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc), various consensus protocols (Proof of Work, Proof of Stake & Proof of Authority).
- You have a good Understanding of cryptography, symmetric/asymmetric (public/private key), hash functions.
- You have a deep knowledge of Node.js,/Java/C#/Rust/Golang.
- Your contribution to open-source projects on Blockchain/crypto currencies and experience setting up an enterprise and permissioned blockchain platform such as Hyperledger Besu are nice-to-haves.
- You can take ownership of tasks/projects and lead a team with high emotional intelligence.
- You have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders.
- You see patterns where others do not in both people and underlying mechanisms that make businesses work.
- You are highly proficient in problem solving, analytical thinking and communication.
These are some of the nitty-gritty things you may have listed on your CV/LinkedIn profile but certainly do not define who you are:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ related work experience including experience working as an Engineering Manager/Software Development Lead.
We currently run a flexible work structure; some days are remote while others require you to collaborate with colleagues at the office location.
For each situation, you may have:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
This role reports to the CTO.
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Grade Level: Architect (Manager)
Please send us your CV or LinkedIn Profile and a message explaining why you think Zone Payment Network is a good fit for you & what makes you the most qualified to