designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We leverage our staff and department expertise across five programmatic areas:
- Health Delivery Systems
- Public Health Emergency Management Systems
- Disease Surveillance Systems
- Laboratory & Diagnostic Systems
- Nutrition & Food Security Systems
In each of these programmatic areas, we partner with governments, communities, nonprofits and other stakeholders to generate holistic solutions, because we believe that every community deserves access to the types of tools that can enable them to lead healthier lives.
Purpose of the position
The Senior Coordinator, Grants & Contracts jointly supports the planning and development of eHealth Africa (eHA) new business opportunities. Overall responsibility is to assist eHA in the development, review, renewal, and submission of all project proposals through the identification of new opportunities, review of RFP terms, proposal kick off, management of timelines.
What you’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works in a team environment supporting a myriad of pre-award activities and projects including strategic positioning; some travel will be required when necessary to gather country context and or conduct research on new opportunities
- Support the proposal design by reviewing RFPs and Solicitation documents, also guard discussions during meetings on best cost saving approaches for project design.
- Serves as a technical resource to proposal team in interpreting donor rules and regulations during the proposal stage and assists Grants Manager for contractual discussions and negotiations with donors/prime award applicants
- Supports the development and monitoring of policies, procedures, and templates for proposal development. Assists in the development of templates for narrative elements, budgets, and budget justifications that meet the requirements of funding agencies, and are user-friendly for program and country staff
- Lead external reporting (programmatic & financial) for grants close out of all awards
- Support the grants team oversight of the post sub-award processes including review of all partner financial documents/reports BvAs, review and approval of advances and liquidations, asset and inventory management including transfer of expendable and non-expendable supplies and equipment at the end of the project.
- Monitor and report to Grants Manager about implementation and performance issues of program sub awards in coordination with the programs team and Project Support Unit
- Support Grants Manager in the full cycle of subaward including solicitation, pre-award, award, monitoring, and compliance, reporting and close-out.
- Assist Grants Manager in managing the request for proposal (RFP) process for subawards, which includes: finalizing scope of work, issuing invitation for bids, requests for proposals, reviewing vendor proposals for alignment with RFP(s), making recommendations to Exec Sponsor on organization selection, negotiating terms and conditions, and executing final agreements.
- Assist Grants Manager with the preparation of subaward memorandum and negotiation memorandum in collaboration with the programs team.
- Ensure contract terms, conditions of solicitation, evaluation team recommendations and subcontract agreements are aligned. Ensures contract final terms and conditions meet eHA’s policies and procedures requirements.
- Prepare budgets and various sections of the cost proposal as well as review sub-grant/subcontract budgets and cost proposal materials prior to submission to the donor or client
- Oversee and gather sourcing and verification of pricing information and unit costs
- Maintain well documented records supporting pricing used in the development of proposals. Write, compile and edit cost proposal inputs into cohesive and compelling content that includes narrative, numeric and graphic information where applicable
- Ensure that cost proposals submitted meet funder specifications and deadlines
- Conduct desk research on donor rules and acceptable costing methodologies for potential new multi-year multi-million dollar opportunities.
- Prepare supporting documentation for long- and short-term cost proposal submissions, including budget narratives, certifications, financial information
- Present draft proposal budgets for cost proposal reviews and prepare briefings for proposal team review Exec team’s review
- Keeps the organization in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Marketing, Economics or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of professional & relatable experience
- Relevant certification or diploma e.g. Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (ACA), Associate of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Previous experience with a public health/ tech company and or program management and implementation a plus
- Knowledge/experience preparing complex proposals in response to donor RFPs; specifically multilateral aid agencies
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, comfort with collaboration software such as Google Docs; experience with project management collaboration tools in SAGE, grant management software.
- Outstanding written communication skills; experience writing clearly and succinctly on both technical and non-technical matters
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to establish and maintain constructive relationships with partner organizations
- Ability to effectively manage a complex and varied workload in a fast-paced environment, and ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to be adaptable, results-oriented, and positive in a changing work environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to work as an individual contributor and as a member of a team
- Proven ability to work with diverse and large teams and to foster a positive working environment with local and international stakeholders
- Experience working effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders; demonstrated ability to negotiate and achieve consensus amongst differing opinions
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including a proven ability to maintain constructive relationships with colleagues and partners, both in-person and virtually.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in the program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. English is the spoken and written language
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from the executive and senior managers, employees, the general public, and clients/partners.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
We believe strongly in our mission and our core values and our teams are most successful when they do also.
IMPACT & QUALITY:
We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small.
We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note that consideration for employment is contingent upon successful completion of background and reference checks that may include criminal record checks.