Talan is an international consulting group in innovation and transformation through technology. For 20 years, Talan has been advising companies and administrations. The group supports them and implements their transformation and innovation projects internationally.
Present on five continents, the group plans to achieve a turnover of 600 million euros in 2023 for more than 6,000 consultants and aims to exceed the one billion € turnover mark by 2025. The group puts innovation at the heart of its development and intervenes in areas related to the technological changes of large groups, such as Artificial Intelligence, Data Intelligence, Web3, Metaverse, Blockchain or IoT.
By placing the “humanistic practice of technology” at the center of its strategy, the Talan Group is convinced that it is by being at the service of humans that technology multiplies its potential for society.
Are you looking to join a company at the forefront of innovation and transformation? Look no further than Talan! We are hiring a Senior Business Analyst consultant to join our client’s team in the Oil & Gas industry responsible for the development and improvement of their gas trading platform.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and collaborate with a dynamic group of professionals who are dedicated to excellence. You will have the chance to contribute to the development of our Finance engineering team and grow your career in a stimulating environment.
- Ensure the interface between project stakeholders (the business and development team) is in place, test and validation of the quality before the delivery for the user’s acceptance testing phase
- Based on business process definition, define and document the user requirements for future software releases.
- Ensure that the backlog is updated according to the business stakes and objectives
- Build detailed planning and commit to following it; negotiate priorities taking into account business and IT constraints.
- Promote the new features and functionalities and participate in the Change Management
- Provide expert support and ensure the interface between the users and the development teams. Understand why errors occur, and find ways to work around them until they are corrected. Understand business operations and propose adequate evolution to properly support them
- Design and execute functional, non-regression, and user acceptance testing of the new software releases
- Ensure compliance of the delivered software with the users’ specifications, business, and IT control framework according to the defined planning
Qualifications / Experience required
- Graduate degree in an engineering field, Computer Science or Management in Information Systems
- A solid understanding of commodity trading and modelling. Solid IT background with experience of software development in a complex environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an IT or IS-related function within the energy industry
- This position requires autonomy, resourcefulness, and strong organizational skills. Necessitates proactivity and ability to persuade others, along with good listening skills a teamwork ethic
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
At Talan we invest in our employees’ wellbeing and empower them with benefits, including:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- 15 days of paid vacation per year at hire and up to 27 according to seniority (annual untaken vacation days are cashed out)
- 8 paid holidays + 5 sick days + 2 personal days per year
- ❤️ Company health, dental and vision insurance plans + FSA
- Voluntary STD and LTD
- Commuter/transit benefits
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.