The Product Designer Senior is responsible for bringing innovative ideas, new solutions, and strategic vision to life through outstanding design. As a member of the design team, you will create a vision for a product and design delightful user journeys, features and flows and work with a cross-functional team to meet client’s goals!
Under minimal supervision employs customer-centered design principles, skills, methods, and technologies and knowledge of business/product design and development as part of Dataworks Innovation Incubator project team and projects.
Who you are:
You are always up for a challenge, are ready to jump into collaborative teamwork, and understand the significance of delivering work of second-to-none quality! You are comfortable with ambiguity and continuous iterations, and you are a self-starter that will do what it takes/learn what is needed to get the job done right. You will be mentored by more senior team members in customer-centered design principles, skills, methods, and technologies but you are curious and have an eagerness to learn and grow your design skills without guidance from others.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Collaborate with researchers and team members on designs.
- Guides discussions toward decisions, clarifies user experience strategy, and gets consensus.
- Leads conversations based on organizational strategy and principles to create product design alignment. Facilitates discussions across teams and guides discussions toward decisions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Communicate and present concepts to stakeholders while promoting design mindset and methodology
- Create customer journey maps, design concepts and prototypes, and design testing plans for validation
- Support team on projects which blend visual design with strategy
- Optimally plans and implements user research methods to inform project work and evaluate efficiency of solutions. Works with a Lead UX Researcher to select the appropriate research techniques.
- Other duties as assigned
Nice to Have:
- Experience with or passion for web3, ecommerce, and/or supply chain
- Experience in product design, interaction design, information design, and information architecture, web design
- Experience with Figma & Adobe Creative Suite to create design solutions using a design system
- Ability to rationalize design decisions and articulate alternative design approaches
- Experience conducting user research and usability testing
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent in Design, Business or related field. Three (3) years experience in design, design thinking, or related discipline, related to projects with ambiguous changes and a highly collaborative environment, including clients in an agency environment. Strong project management skills. Excellent human relations and communication skills, including written, verbal, presentation, and digital presentation software. Excellent understanding for user behaviors as it informs design.
Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) and answer job screening questionnaire by 5 pm Central Time on Tuesday, September 19th, 2023.
Additional InformationColorado, Nevada, Connecticut, New York, California, Rhode Island and Washington Residents Only – Compensation: Monthly Salary: $7,160.00 – $10,740.00. This compensation range is provided as a reasonable estimate of the current starting salary range for this role. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include but are not limited to your specific skills, your work location, how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Born out of FedEx, a pioneer that ships nearly 20 million packages a day and manages endless threads of information, FedEx Dataworks is an organization rooted in connecting the physical and digital sides of our network to meet today’s needs and address tomorrow’s challenges.
We are creating opportunities for FedEx, our customers, and the world at large by:
- Exploring and harnessing data to define and solve true problems;
- Removing barriers between data sets to create new avenues of insight;
- Building and iterating on solutions that generate value;
- Acting as a change agent to advance curiosity and performance.
At FedEx Dataworks, we are making supply chains work smarter for everyone.
Employee Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid Life and AD&D insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid sick leave; paid parental leave, paid vacation, paid military leave, and additional paid time off; geographic pay ranges; 401k with Company match and incentive bonus potential; sales Incentive compensation for selling roles.
Dataworks does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures, hiring, and other terms and conditions of employment. Further, Dataworks is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position, to perform the essential functions of the position in question, or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities, unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact [email protected].