We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
CipherTrace, a Mastercard company, is a rapidly growing cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance leader. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs, and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and willing to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
- Build the Back End infrastructure and services to support next-generation
cryptocurrency tools, law enforcement tools and DeFi platforms.
- Experience understanding requirements, analyzing data, discovering
opportunities, addressing gaps and communicating them to various
- Co-design software with product managers, designers, front-end, back-end and
- Design and build support for multiple block chains and crypto currencies.
- Extensive experience building enterprise applications.
- Back-end development experience with a solid foundation in data pipelines (real
time or batch) in a distributed systems, large scale data processing environment
using GCP or AWS cloud.
- Strong development skills in at least one programming language namely Scala
nice to have Rust
- Experience designing end-to-end data pipelines including pub/sub systems like
Kafka or equivalent.
- Proficient in at least 3 of the following Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL,
- Experience with at least one cloud technology namely Cloud Storage (GCS or S3),
BigQuery or Redshift DWH, as well as Kubernetes (Google GKE or EKS).
- Comfortable working with distributed and remote teams.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to have
- Strong English communication skills (both spoken and written).
- Data Pipeline engineering experience.
- Experience with developing & scaling microservices in a distributed environment.
- Deploying code with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Blockchain technologies, DeFi, law enforcement software, or cryptocurrencies.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Remote – California: $112,000 – $173,000 USD