Employment Type: Full Time
Location: London, UK
Do you want to be part of the future of value transfer? Are you excited about solving problems that have never been solved before? Are you looking for a values-led company, which cares about the growth of its employees?
We offer a number of products and services that sit on top of a common big-data analytics platform. They cover features like customizable risk scoring algorithms through to reporting dashboards and API only user journeys. The products we make have an impact on thousands of people around the world and enable the legitimate use of cryptocurrencies.
This opportunity is to join the Risk mission who are building our flagship APIs and UIs in multiple initiatives to provide the best, real-time and high availability (thousands of requests in each seconds) intelligence to our customers.
The impact you will have:
Our product engineering team takes all of the blockchain intelligence that our platform provides and turns it into valuable products that make our customers’ lives easier and protect them from financial crime. You will join a growing team of experienced and passionate engineers that are not afraid to fail and enjoy tackling difficult problems head on. Openness is one of our core values at Elliptic and nowhere is this more evident than in our engineering teams where we strongly encourage engineers to challenge convention and find unique and innovative solutions to our customers’ problems. You will quickly be able to see your impact on the wider business as we value lean thinking and getting our ideas to market early and often.
What you will do:
- Write beautiful code and tests for both front- and back -end
- Think about how to solve hard problems and weigh up the pros and cons of different approaches against a variety of requirements with an understanding of the difference between the perfect and the possible
- Build infrastructure and take advantage of cutting-edge cloud technology to spend less time writing mundane code and more time thinking about our customers problems
- Enjoy discussing problems and solutions openly with stakeholders from across the business
- Take responsibility for the code that you write and see it through from PR to production and aftercare – with a “You build it, You run it” mentality
- Contribute to iterations on our development processes and practices, bringing your own experiences and opinions to the table
- Working on new and legacy codebase, complex systems
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
You will be a great fit here if you:
Take pleasure from writing clean code and see tests as core to software engineering
- Use data to make decisions about what to build and how to iterate
- Are not afraid to fail, experiment often, and learn quickly
- Are keen to learn new technologies and challenge existing tools, methodologies, and processes and bring suggestions to the table in terms of ways-of-working
- Are keen to proactively seek out areas of improvement by taking ownership of both back-end and front-end without any bias
- Are keen to proactively seek opinion of the relevant chapter and fellow engineers
Our ideal candidate has:
- Strong understanding of AWS Serverless (Lambda, Dynamo, SQS, SNS, API Gateway) ideally with IAC (Terraform or similar tools)
- Experience with facilitation, diagramming, supporting and mentoring engineers
- Experience with observability (Mixpanel, DataDog and similar tools)
- Understanding of OAuth/JWT and ideally experience working with Auth0
Bonus Points for:
- An Interest or experience working with Kubernetes
- An interest in cryptocurrency and/or blockchain technology
- An interest in the IC path and continuous architecture practices
- Understanding of big-data tooling or interest in the field
> How we work:
- Hybrid working and the option to work from almost anywhere for up to 90 days per year
- £500 Remote working budget to set up your home office space
> Learning & Development:
- $1,000 Learning & Development budget to use on anything (agreed with your manager) that contributes to your growth and development
- LinkedIn Learning subscription.
> Vacation/ Leave:
- Holidays: 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
- An extra day for your birthday
- Enhanced parental leave: we provide eligible employees, regardless of gender or whether they become a parent by birth or adoption, 16 weeks fully-paid leave and leave.
- Private Health Insurance – we use Vitality!
- Full access to Spill Mental Health Support
- Life Assurance: we hope you will never need this – but our cover is for 4 times your salary to your beneficiaries
- £100 Crypto for you!
- Cycle to Work Scheme