Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team building trading and liquidity infrastructure at Ripple. These systems are a key part of Ripple’s strategy to simplify access to crypto and cross-border liquidity for enterprises. In this role, you will bring technical excellence and high standards in building highly performant trading systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Deliver reliable, high-throughput, low-latency (micro)services to manage trading and execution to deliver best-in-class liquidity to our customers.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from sculpting technical vision and software design to unit and integration testing
- Dive deep in researching and understanding what practices to bring from traditional financial systems to the crypto space.
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, including experience in high performance setting
- Experience in building automated real-time trading and risk systems
- Experience building and deploying containerized applications (e.g. Docker) into modern distributed computing environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability and security
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Established startup environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary, equity, and benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible approach to WFH and flexible vacation policy-work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in London
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting-AMA style discussion with leadership team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.