Job title: Senior Software Engineer
Job description: ZenLedger.io helps individual cryptocurrency investors and accountants with their tax filings. We have thousands of customers and have processed over $1B of transactions. We help crypto investors, tax professionals, accountants, and investment professionals with crypto accounting, tax, portfolio management, DeFi, NFTs, yield farming, etc.
We are a venture-backed, 50-person team, established in 2017. Here at Zenledger, we consider ourselves an autonomous organization (i.e. we don’t micromanage). We hire awesome & intelligent people, give them difficult problems to solve, and provide the resources they need to solve them! Because we are a tax software solution, we don’t have to worry as much about the volatility of the crypto markets, but we still get to learn about all of the new and innovative technologies within crypto.
This is a 100% Remote position.
We all have lives outside of work. We like trading jokes and chatting during the day while we work. Topics include travel, sports, pop culture, and lots of memes. We are passionate about crypto, the work we do, and the people we work with! We look forward to hearing from you.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer that loves building high-quality web applications, coding complex computation, and secure cloud deployments. Sometimes you’ll need to fight fires to get things running again, and other times you’ll have to think deeply about blockchain, crypto, accounting, or architecture issues. There will be lots of variety, creativity, and problem-solving required because the industry is moving fast and changing fluidly.
- Participate in product design process to drive feature development and create well-defined backlog items for yourself and the team
- Occasionally help resolve urgent customer issues and system failures
- Create high-quality code to implement great user interface and efficient back-end computation and data handling
- Develop robust and scalable Api that meet open web standards
- Develop and Deploy frontend/backend web application
- At least 3 years of solid experience in either Ruby or Go
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Hands on experience building REST Api
- Hands on experience in writing unit/integration/functional tests
- Cryptocurrency knowledge
- AWS Cloud experience (EC2, RDS, Lambda, etc)
- Experience working on a professional WebApp (and that WebApp is the company’s product or service)
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote
- Ability to have a percentage of salary paid in Cryptocurrency